UK members: If you're in the market for a car READ THIS.

WirelessMonkey

Car(s)
MK1 Golf Driver
Sorry for the RAWR caps lock but i need to bring this to peoples attention. Someone i know on the ClioSport forum, who owns a used car dealership, has been done over when two of his cars were bought on stolen credit cards. Basically, its resulted in his business having to be closed down. A very sad day indeed.

BMW 530d M Sport---- LS02 ULH
Silver saloon, black leather, 89,000 miles

MONDEO Tdci ----DC03 FCJ
Silver Hatchback, Beige cloth ,158,000 miles

The cars have the log books/service history AND THE KEYS!!!!

They will not show up on Hpi as stolen as it is too soon, and the guy who has them will be trying to sell them on.

If any of you are members of other car clubs/forums/message boards, please link this thread.

If Any of you see the cars, DO NOT approach the guy. Just pm me or ring me on 07790 774867.

Cheers, Dan.

My cars, yeah.

Bought on a Stolen Credit Card, so lost the the lot. Insurance won't pay out as they had the keys, Bank aren't interested and we've got to give the money back to the Credit Card Company.

Its the end of Colshe MOtor Company. Wil be shutting the doors at the end of today. Gutted tbh.

He was an indian guy with a Brummy accent. His address was Blackburn, but its obviously a false one.

Police Not interested. If the copper said ''f**k off' it would have been easier.

I'm sick to the back teeth of this s**t country. I've got a Mobile number, address, and the police won't do anything. Said they can't as there is insufficient evidence to make an arrest. They don't want to arrest someone innocent.

This place only has an interest in protecting the villians.

If you could keep an eye out for this would be of great help. And what he said about crime in England, it couldnt be more true. Ive had the police not very politely tell me were to stick it when reporting thefts. Its a joke in this country, as soon as i can afford it I'm moving tbh. Anyway, if you spot these on autotrader or pistonheads give me a shout (probably easier).

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Your thread title should have "you're" rather than "your".

In case you care.

yeah this country is a farce... every government run organisation is complete joke here. I've been signing on the dole for a few weeks while i look for jobs (since mine went tits up at the last minute) and you wont believe the hassle and hoops and the paper work you have to jump through just to sign on for JSA....im suprised anyone even bothers.

i had an hour long phone call where a retard asked me millions of pointless, superfluous questions (many of which didnt even need asking if he'd of paid attention to previous answers) and now because im in the east midlands looking for jobs i've basically got to go through all that again because for whatever reason my details somehow are not simply transferable from middlesbrough to loughborough.

its like every job center operates independantly from the rest, disconnected despite being in the same organisation.... its the most unstreamlined, inefficient, bureaucratic mess i've ever seen. i mean they sent me 40 pages... yes 40 pages...of questions just because i wanted to change job centers!!!! and when they tried to find the address for the middlesbrough center... it didnt appear on their little database! complete jokers.

anyway... im ranting. this country sucks...i couldnt care less about it, im moving countries first chance i get.

yeah this country is a farce... every government run organisation is complete joke here. I've been signing on the dole for a few weeks while i look for jobs (since mine went tits up at the last minute) and you wont believe the hassle and hoops and the paper work you have to jump through just to sign on for JSA....im suprised anyone even bothers.

i had an hour long phone call where a retard asked me millions of pointless, superfluous questions (many of which didnt even need asking if he'd of paid attention to previous answers) and now because im in the east midlands looking for jobs i've basically got to go through all that again because for whatever reason my details somehow are not simply transferable from middlesbrough to loughborough.

its like every job center operates independantly from the rest, disconnected despite being in the same organisation.... its the most unstreamlined, inefficient, bureaucratic mess i've ever seen. i mean they sent me 40 pages... yes 40 pages...of questions just because i wanted to change job centers!!!! and when they tried to find the address for the middlesbrough center... it didnt appear on their little database! complete jokers.

anyway... im ranting. this country sucks...i couldnt care less about it, im moving countries first chance i get.

To be fair that system is deliberately designed to be obtuse as it reduces the number of people who successfully claim JSA. The funniest bit is that if you phone them up stating you just want a job and aren't worried about the JSA they can't comprehend it. They just keep phoning you back asking for bank details.

Whoever says that UK is "shit" is so spoilt for good life that he needs to try working as a builder/plumber in Poland. You probably see what I'm hinting at.

I can't say I have an issue living in the UK, or Scotland at least - I do find it a bit surprising the police aren't interested in the case at all, especially when there's likely a good description of the guy from your mate and the fact he'll probably try it again.

Aren't businesses accepting credit card payment usually insured against this sort of fraud?

edit: nevermind

Last edited:
I don't believe I've ever heard of a car being bought with a credit card outside of very rich people whom have credit cards the general public can't get. Trying to buy a car, let alone two, on a credit card would have been suspicious to me.

A friend of mine tried to buy a Porsche on his credit card and the dealer refused. Also doing a transaction of such high worth and not demanding more proof of identity than an address is pretty careless.

I don't believe I've ever heard of a car being bought with a credit card outside of very rich people whom have credit cards the general public can't get. Trying to buy a car, let alone two, on a credit card would have been suspicious to me.

I find that odd too. I've only known cars to be bought with cash or through loans. I'm sorry, but the dealer in question was an idiot. Don't accept credit cards for high value transactions.

Last edited:
I find that odd too. I've only known cars to be bought with cash or through loans. I'm sorry, but the dealer in question was an idiot. Don't accept credit cards for high value transactions.

I'd quantify that. I recall watching some show on HD Theater (West Coast Customs?) where Shaq bought 3 or 4 cars from the guy and handed over one of the Black AmEx cards. Yes, very difference circumstances, but a credit card none the less.

I'd quantify that. I recall watching some show on HD Theater (West Coast Customs?) where Shaq bought 3 or 4 cars from the guy and handed over one of the Black AmEx cards. Yes, very difference circumstances, but a credit card none the less.

The chances of Shaq using a stolen Black AmEx card are pretty low. The chances of some random guy of the street using a stolen regular card are quite a bit higher.

To be fair that system is deliberately designed to be obtuse as it reduces the number of people who successfully claim JSA. The funniest bit is that if you phone them up stating you just want a job and aren't worried about the JSA they can't comprehend it. They just keep phoning you back asking for bank details.

if they dont want u to claim then why do they not care if your actually looking for work?

twice now ive been in and got the "we're a bit short on staff, i wont check what jobs you have looked at, just sign an see you in 2 weeks"

the whole thing is horrible IMO... it doesnt have to be THAT retarded. they can just be a bit sterner.... guess they cant be arsed and just want to be paid to do very little.... and besides they create more civil service non-jobs because now they have to hire a boat load of people just read through those bloody question sheets!

Over here its pretty normal to buy cars on Credit/Debit cards. A lot of people find paying back the credit card is a really simple way to get finance. Also he believed it was another trader (Hence buying two cars) and they will always use a company credit card.

Good news however. The polices' ANPR car picked up the Mondeo, and pulled the driver. In the space of three days it had: Been sold from the CreditCard fraud guy to a trader, then onto another trader, then bought by an Innocent member of the public who probably wont get his money back. Although he may be able to claim it back somewere along the line. Apparently the police say its a Nigerian criminal gang, each member has at least 3 identitys and because of this they GUARANTEED nobody would be prosecuted for this :(

The chances of Shaq using a stolen Black AmEx card are pretty low. The chances of some random guy of the street using a stolen regular card are quite a bit higher.

Who the fuck uses American Express anymore anyway? Their fees are huge!

^Not to mention many places don't accept them.

Who the fuck uses American Express anymore anyway? Their fees are huge!

If you read through the member benefits of AmEx cards you'd see why. Sure, they're not ridiculously easy to use, but if you take the time to take advantage of them, you'll appreciate it.

My family has done that. The dealership was very, very uh...
cautious.

It was the '97 Ford Explorer. My dad put the entire thing on the credit card just because he forgot his checkbook.