James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

:lol: ozgirl!

Also: Drowned rat, my arse!

Teletext says 1,200 got tickets but 1,500 were turned away. Incredible response!

You two make a great couple! :love:

Teletext says 1,200 got tickets but 1,500 were turned away. Incredible response!

It was, the 1st people were there at 4.30am!! I met 1 guy who'd come down from Coventry the night before & rocked up at 6am - hardcore!

Wow, what an excellent way to spend a weekend! I'm envious. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the report. I have given what this house is going to look like so much thought, I dreamed about a lego house in my back yard.

Depending on what it looks like in the end, I might paint my shed in a lego'ie type way and make my dream a reality. It needs to be painted anyway. I think it will be cool.

We're such fangirls aren't we. :blush:

I will admit I dug out my Legos a few days ago and have been enjoying them again.

I wish I was made an uncle soon so I could play with Legos.

Can't wait to see this series, Mr May is awesome, and shares the one pair of pants&shoes and few shirts style of dressing with me. :lol:

When James came out i asked him if i could get a pic for the not-a-dudes on FG, he said "absolutely you can, which one are you because i was just on there" i told him & he said "i'm just trying to remember if you wrote anything rude about me". As if!!
Now i'm sorry girls they insisted i be in it, i look foul so feel free to crop! Typical, you meet one of your idols looking like a fat drowned rat!

:lol: Nice, after your description I expected worse :p

We're such fangirls aren't we. :blush:

Yeah, and I'm not even pink anymore :p

I will admit I dug out my Legos a few days ago and have been enjoying them again.

I have a lego shaped bucket of lego af the foot of my bed :blush:

I just looked at the pictures.

James with a megaphone. Too cute. Did he give motivational speeches?

I have 4 20 gal buckets full of Lego in my shed. They were my son's favorite toy. I have been saving them for when he has children. He had more than they had at the store and he NEVER had enough for what he wanted to build. I guess that is why this lego house is hitting so close to home for me.

His whole bedroom floor used to be full of the town/city he was building. It was a work in progress till the day he moved out. I cried while I took it apart and put it in the buckets.

When James came out i asked him if i could get a pic for the not-a-dudes on FG, he said "absolutely you can, ...
What a sweetheart, AND a class act! Thanks for sharing, ozgirl!!

Now i'm sorry girls they insisted i be in it, i look foul so feel free to crop! Typical, you meet one of your idols looking like a fat drowned rat! :rolleyes:
Rubbish! You look perfectly lovely. :)

Thanks for the pictures, skylock! The second one's adorable.

What a sweetheart, AND a class act! Thanks for sharing, ozgirl!!

Rubbish! You look perfectly lovely. :)

Thanks for the pictures, skylock! The second one's adorable.

Yes he is, & nice to know he checks out our fevered ramblings isn't it? ;)

You're very kind! :blush: I would say, it was the production chick that made me go in it, i was very restained & didn't grab him. Partly 'cos we know he doesn't like too much contact with stangers, but largely 'cos i didn't want to make him all wet!:)

I just looked at the pictures.

James with a megaphone. Too cute. Did he give motivational speeches?

Yup, better than Jezza ;)
Sort of, along the lines of "pay attention and do it right, it's not hard" and "you're all bonkers for sitting in the rain making lego". At which point he said "this (ie pi**ing rain) wouldn't happen in Italy".
It wouldn't happen in Perth (Western Australia) in Summer either, we'd all have got sunburn/heatstroke instead ;)
The irony is, this morning there's not a cloud in the sky :rolleyes: however this being England it could be chucking it down by lunchtime!

Wow, what an excellent way to spend a weekend! I'm envious. :mrgreen:

Yup, since i smashed up my ankle in Feb, haven't had a good year. U2 in Dublin last weekend and yesterday went a long way to making it better ;)
And i'm going to TG Live/MPH in Nov, yay! :D

Last edited:
ozgirl, your report fed my Top Gear/James May news-related stuff for a few minutes and for that you get several lollipops! :D And the photos you took are just fantastic quite frankly :)

With regards,

Yickle!

Very cool, ozgirl! Looks like it was a fun event. It makes me wish my mom hadn't given away my buckets of Lego after I moved out.

I'm really, really looking forward to the new series now.

This is going to be a great series!

Thanks to everyone for the updates (especially LindenChase) & thanks to Ozgirl for the photos & report on the day.

Ozgirl, I think you just need to shrink down your images somewhat. They're 10megapixels which is generally overkill for snapshots on the internet. That should help with the Flikr overload (or you could just open a 2nd account at photobucket :) )