Few questions

Xeonidas

I don`t know if this is the right place to post it but if you don`t have Photoshop is there any other way to create vectors on windows xp?
If there is are there any tutorials for creating them?
I really like vector design so I want to give it a try.

Last edited:
I tried GIMP but didnt like it. Never tried Inkspace.

I suggest you get Paint.net and get used to the features available. Then when you are sort familar with the tools and how they work, move onto photoshop. Then slowly take your time to get used to small differences in photoshop. After that just try out some tutorials to find new features.
Thats what I did :)

I tried GIMP but didnt like it. Never tried Inkspace.

I suggest you get Paint.net and get used to the features available. Then when you are sort familar with the tools and how they work, move onto photoshop. Then slowly take your time to get used to small differences in photoshop. After that just try out some tutorials to find new features.
Thats what I did :)

Its a good idea but the Photoshop costs too much for me. I don`t know maybe there is a free version or something.

Photoshop elements is 100 dollars and has most of the things full Photoshop has.

Not really... PS for bitmap graphics, Paint.Net for quick edits and resizing.

Fixed. Remember Vector based images are based on math and calculations and are infinitly scalable without a lose of quality. Sorry to nag on about this it just bugging me. :p

Vector look a-like works that is actually done as a bitmap is usually called a 'Vexel' (ie what most people are trying on the forum), because usually pixel based artworks (bitmaps) are a lot easier to work with. Usually people work with either Illustrator CS, CorelDraw or Flash CS for true vector based works.

But in the end a lot of skilled artists can do Vexel works so good (and at a decent enough resolution) it's almost impossible to tell if it's a true vector work (and having not need to do it in a vector format).

Thanks. :)

Its a good idea but the Photoshop costs too much for me. I don`t know maybe there is a free version or something.

There is always something. ;)

Photoshop elements is 100 dollars and has most of the things full Photoshop has.

Except it doesn't have the pen tool (which is essentially what you need to vector).

There's an free online vector editor called Raven here: http://aviary.com/tools/raven

I haven't used it (have CS4 here so no need), but it might be something to look into.