Random Thoughts....

I'm really fucking glad i'm in my last semester of university, i'm over it... (9 weeks to go)

/me is sitting in a lecture right now

Lectures are totally overrrated.

I think this semester is going to require me to basically learn everything on my own since the lecturers are rubbish.

The control lecturer is hopeless. He doesn't speak English, and to top it all off the material he is teaching is extremely dry.

Lectures, you can skip. Tutorials are the ones you should NEVER skip.

Lectures are totally overrrated.

I think this semester is going to require me to basically learn everything on my own since the lecturers are rubbish.

The control lecturer is hopeless. He doesn't speak English, and to top it all off the material he is teaching is extremely dry.

Lectures, you can skip. Tutorials are the ones you should NEVER skip.

Yeah I agree with you for the most part, some are pretty shit. Though this is going to sound somewhat retarded but I don't care, I'm still proud to have gone to Monash

I don't give two shits about uni tbh.

I just want to get into the industry asap since I only ever learn things by doing, not listening to some dude talk for 1 hour.

One hour ago, it was sunny and hot outside.

Now the wind is blowing extremely heavily and it's almost as dark as it is at night. Oh, and did I mention it's pouring down?

^ ????

I don't hate all lecturers. I get along pretty well with my flight vehicle propulsion lecturer, whos the old-school type that worries more about teaching and helping students understand things than having pretty-looking but rubbish (information-wise) powerpoint presentations.

The worst lectures I find are the million pages of information, it should be targeted specific information not information that I could easily research if I had a specific tasks about it.

^ you are all instilling me with so much confidence in the Australian university system, especially considering I start my Commerce degree next year :D

Oh well, only 4 years of it....

^Uni is totally overrated.

The worst lectures I find are the million pages of information, it should be targeted specific information not information that I could easily research if I had a specific tasks about it.

Exactly. No point just lifting crap straight out of a textbook I can find on my own.

I also hate lecturers who can't explain their own tutorial questions. I mean, you go up and ask them how to work out a question because you're stuck somewhere, and the response they give you is "oh, just do ____ and ____".

I mean, come on, if I knew how to do this shit why would I be here in class? A little more explanation doesn't really take much longer, and we do pay pretty expensive fees afterall....

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to use a video as your screensaver? I want to use the AM DBS promo video as my screensaver if possible.

Last edited:
^ you are all instilling me with so much confidence in the Australian university system, especially considering I start my Commerce degree next year :D

Oh well, only 4 years of it....

Doesn't sound too much different than what we have over here...

Hidden_Hunter said:
I'm really fucking glad i'm in my last semester of university, i'm over it... (9 weeks to go)

/me is sitting in a lecture right now

Yeah, so glad I'm finished with uni. Had no motivation by the end and was just going through the motions really. As for lectures, I attended most of them, but I usually ended up sketching in the back of my exercise book and ignoring the lecturer completely. I could usually research assignments off my own back with my own sources, and come exam time it isn't really so hard to stick my head in a textbook for a few hours, and jot down some quick notes.

I am in immense jealousy for the member on here who lives on the Isle Of Man, and in fact anyone that does. It's a beautiful place with frankly amazing roads everywhere, and the advantage of everything being pretty close as the Island is only 30 miles in length. The only disadvantage I have seen (by the fact the weather here is no better than at [my] home) is that petrol (and diesel, for that matter) is about 110.9p a litre, which is 5-10p more than on the mainland. A measly price to pay for the rest of it, mind. I can see why Clarkson loves it.

^Show me someone your age who will not get bored? There is little to do in fact.Night life is very poor. Also the lack of universities means that those between 18 and 21 are not the brightest people. I wouldn't live there again for quite some time.

^ I never said I wanted to move immediately. If it is a possibility later on in life, I will certanly consider it, but now would indeed be pretty stupid :p

I want to set my bike on fire right now. Making a wire harness that I built 6 months ago fit to the frame is a new circle of hell.

Hurray! I can do hill starts properly now!!!:D

I want to set my bike on fire right now. Making a wire harness that I built 6 months ago fit to the frame is a new circle of hell.

From what I understand won't your bike eventually do that on its own? The fire bit not the wiring...:D

Hurray! I can do hill starts properly now!!!:D

Been driving for 3 years and only tried a manual once... you're smart to get it down early.

At least, I assume it's a manual... never had trouble with hill starts in an auto.