Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R?

Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R?

• Total voters
holy thread necromancy!

I would pick the R8, as nice and well rounded to GTR is, I really think you'd have more fun in the R8, there's a fine line between refined and detached and I think the GTR is the latter.

R8.

I like them both, but there's something in the audi that makes me go wild, in a good way. The looks, the engine, the sound, everything.

Really close one...

If I wanted performance, rear seats, better drive, heritage, the GTR.

But the Audi is "prettier" and has a nicer interior. But it's not really as special either. The upkeep costs might be less.

But still, I'd get the GTR overall.

Last edited:
Really close one...

If I wanted performance, rear seats, better drive, heritage, the GTR.

I'm sorry but ever heard of a Quattro or LeMans? Audi has quite a bit of heritage and racing pedigree and arguably they are more famous than GT-R in racing....

R8 a girl sees it and just knows its an expensive audi.

GTR girl sees it as a nice Nissan, she asks why is it so good, then you try to explain all the advanced features she get bored and goes to the guy with the R8 lol

I don't like either of them enough to spend money on them. I can't really knock either, but they just don't appeal to me at all.

Audis are for "cocks" remember

I think I'd have more fun in the Nissan. But the Audi looks really good so it's not a bad option either.

I'd have to test drive them. However from reviews and what they look like/history/etc; I'm going with the GTR and its cheaper to boot which is a bonus since its my money.

It is an odd comparison though since not only are the prices different but as are the type of engine layout and drivetrain system.

I'm sorry but ever heard of a Quattro or LeMans? Audi has quite a bit of heritage and racing pedigree and arguably they are more famous than GT-R in racing....

Ever heard of Group A racing, JGTC or how GT-R's got banned in one racing series after another because they were too fast even with penalty weights? ask from any aussie..:lol:

yeah, GT-R for me. It's nice all rounder and Nissan hasn't yet turned the rest of their lineup into GT-R look-a-likes like Audi has done with R8..

Last edited:
Ever heard of Group A racing, JGTC or how GT-R's got banned in one racing series after another because they were too fast even with penalty weights? ask from any aussie..:lol:

yeah, GT-R for me. It's nice all rounder and Nissan hasn't yet turned the rest of their lineup into GT-R look-a-likes like Audi has done with R8..

I heard of all of those and they are nowhere near WRC or LeMans in being famous. Yes GT-R has a racing pedigree but Audi is not exactly comming out of nowhere either and they have been in more famous races than GT-R. In fact I knew of the Quattro way before I knew of the GT-R, in fact I learned about it after watching Initial D (I had no clue wtf it was in 2Fast 2 retarded movie). I've known of the S1 and their rally history since HS at least.

GT-R's weren't actually banned from racing in Australia. Group A touring car racing was ending worldwide thus leaving countries to introduce their own touring car championships. Australia went with V8s because they were more popular. However the GT-R did play a significant role in the demise of group A. Their domination did lead to dwindling crowd numbers which inevitably killed the group A touring car formula.