My new car - yeah its korean, don't laugh.

Nice!

Imo, the rims should be around an inch bigger.
But yes it looks quite nice, and a lip spoiler on the boot would look pretty ace, yet again, imo.

Nice ride.

congratualtions on a very classy, baller-ass car

I like the Genesis, good choice.

Actually I think if the body were to be black, the gold rims would have worked. Perhaps if the gold rims were painted black, it would still work. Overall, I can definitely see why you swapped over for a Genesis. Despite being a mid sizer, it really doesn't seem to have much more room than a Civic. A lot of my friends who liked originally liked the car was shocked at how little space it had inside. I've always LOVED the Genesis, and I'm glad someone heres finally bought one :D The amount of space in those cars is incredible! Does this one have the 4.6L V8? It probably does, considering you mentioned that it has a ZF 'box.

edit - Oh I've just seen the badge at the bootlid.

Last edited:
I have no problem with someone choosing a 2009+ Hyundai. Even the mainstream stuff like the Sonata is so much better that I think the 2009+ Hyundai's drive better or much better than the equivalent Toyota.

If you're going to buy Korean, there is no better choice then the Genesis models. And the gold wheels don't look bad either. Gives it a more sporty look.

Funny, i've always complimented and respected your car. Nice to know you can reciprocate.
Seriously. You've owned quite a few Subaru's, including a couple Impreza's, haven't you? Learning to drive an AWD car... :lol:

Last edited:
I have no problem with someone choosing a 2009+ Hyundai. Even the mainstream stuff like the Sonata is so much better that I think the 2009+ Hyundai's drive better or much better than the equivalent Toyota.

Forget the rental Accent though.

If you're going to buy Korean, there is no better choice then the Genesis models. And the gold wheels don't look bad either. Gives it a more sporty look.

Seriously. You've owned quite a few Subaru's, including a couple Impreza's, haven't you? Learning to drive an AWD car... :lol:

I suspect JayHawk was in a mood when he read this thread and decided to pick a personal battle even tho I directed nothing towards him. I don't have the energy or interest to play the internet fight game :lol:

The amount of space in those cars is incredible! Does this one have the 4.6L V8? It probably does, considering you mentioned that it has a ZF 'box.

edit - Oh I've just seen the badge at the bootlid.

Thank you and yes its the full optioned package 4.6L V8, very smooth engine, shame they didn't incorporate DI into it yet, probably would have bumped the price but I think would be worth the money.

On the matter of space, yeah that was one of the main attractions, the rear seat legroom is incredible for a car its size and somehow is much bigger than the rear seat room of a 5 series and yet has an enormous boot as well, swallows things my Legacy couldn't fit.

Last edited:
The smaller Hyundais are their weakest cars, but they're better than anything Dodge/Chrysler could muster or GM Daewoo.

I don't know if it is the same kind of car (I think it is) but I thought the Dodge Caliber I drove was much better.

Thats a dealer option badge, many cars are sold with that badge instead of the H badge.

Yea it does look better than the Hyundai H, my only problem with it is that it looks too much like the Bentley badge from far away. Hyundai could do with a emblem redesign for their normal models anyway, even Kia's emblem looks better. And if you're in the mood for a different look, this suits the Genesis very well:

http://img194.imageshack.**/img194/4968/hyundaigensisvip.jpg

Odd, I never have problem with understeer...oh! I know why! I actually learned how drive an AWD car. Throttle control. Left foot braking. From March 2007 to March 2008 I practiced throttle control, and From April 2008 to April 2009 I practiced left foot braking. Unlike a EVO, you actually have to, you know, learn how to drive an automobile.
Yeah. You deserve a glammed up Hyundai. Fits you and the superficial world of Los Angeles to a tee.

Good work throwing personal insults based on the car that he drives.

Last edited:
My only gripe with the wheels is that they're too small for such an imposing car. The Genesis is clean though. Nice ride.

It's so generic looking, but I'm sure its a nice car.

I don't know if it is the same kind of car (I think it is) but I thought the Dodge Caliber I drove was much better.
I know, I think I responded to you when you did that review. I strongly disagreed, I still felt the Accent was better in every way except space. Coincidentally I drove both vehicles today including the option-less 3-door Accent. The Caliber is still the one I want to smash into a tree. :D

It's so generic looking, but I'm sure its a nice car.

One can go generic and pleasant looking or one can go Chris Bangle BMW style...i simply made the choice to go plesantly anonymous, that's why I liked my Legacy, it didnt stand out from the crowd.

My only gripe with the wheels is that they're too small for such an imposing car. The Genesis is clean though. Nice ride.

Stock wheels are 18, i went with 19", I totally agree that 20" fill the wheel wells better but its one thing to look at a car and another to drive it everyday in real world conditions.

Going with 20s means

- more wheel weight
- thinner rubber -> more road noise, worse ride, faster wear
- more cost

So i went w the happy compromise of 19s

The car in fact came with some dealer installed horrid bling chrome 20s, i didnt like the ride, they were heavy and they were too ghetto looking, i switched to the factory 18s until I found tuner style rims to my liking.

Holy Gold BBS on a white car! Are you persian?

Other than that and the Bentley knockoff badge, I think it looks really nice.