Batman: Arkham Asylum

nate_bartlet

The demo for this game was just released today on the Xbox 360 (was released yesterday on the PS3) and i cannot just stress just how impressed i am with this game. They've really kept the game down to the comic book mythos and combined it with great gameplay. I really enjoyed being able to jump from the ceiling and pouncing on my unsuspecting enemies.
The Enemy ai is good as well, if a steam valve goes off, it makes the enemy jump and they fire in it the noises direction.
Even better is they've got the voices from the Batman Animated Series of the 90's including Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as the Joker.
anyway, here's some game videos, it's scheduled for release on August 28th 2009 on Xbox 360 and PS3, a pc release is scheduled later on.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tegx7HQlUQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPnTSvX86Dw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Hn2Ea4OL8[/YOUTUBE]

Before I use up bandwidth for this, is the demo just the fighting mode where you beat up people or is it the actual game.

The demo is essentially the opening of the game. Introduces you to the controls, how to fight and so on. But it also shows you how to strike from the shadows and trust me, the demo is worth it. I was going to get the game when it was released but after playing the demo, i'm now counting the days until its release.

Is Bruce Timm involved?

Paul Dini is involved and he wrote the games story. Bruce Timm however isn't since his artwork style would kind look out of place in a game like this and he's probably busy with all the DC Animated Movies being produced at the moment.

Also i'd agree with Racingfan1 that while Harley doesn't look the same, at least she is voiced by the same voice actress from the animated series, Arleen Sorkin.

Snagging the demo off Steam as we speak.

Also i'd agree with Racingfan1 that while Harley doesn't look the same, at least she is voiced by the same voice actress from the animated series, Arleen Sorkin.

At least that part, they got right. Don't get me wrong, she looks the part of a Joker henchman, er, woman, but she's not Harley. Although I won't argue if they want to sneak in a Harley underwear scene, such as in the Harley and Ivy comic.

Downloading the PC demo NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Having played the PC-demo, I must say that it's a huge pile of meh..

I played the 360 demo last night, and I was pleasently surprised.

Demo was ok. It was fun, I would buy it at Steam crazy-sale price ($5-15), but I wouldn't pay normal price for it.

reserved my copy on the XBox 360 at Game today. Was talking to the girl behind the counter and she was asking me about the Demo since a lot of people had started pre-ordering their game after playing the demo as well.
I basically said i was always planning on getting the game but the demo sealed the deal and whereas normally i get a new game at Amazon or Play.com i doubt i'd even be able to wait the length of time it takes for the Royal Mail to deliver it (The Royal Mail have become very useless as of late, the game gets sent out before the release date so it should technically arrive on the day of release but because the Royal Mail is so useless it usually arrives several days after).

I already downloaded the demo from the PSN. Let?s see how it goes. :)

UPDATE:
I liked it! Will probably buy it. :)

bought the game last friday and all i can say is game of the frakking year.
completed it yesterday and besides going around completing all the mini quests, the game also has a challenge mode which is just pure fun. The game's combat system is loads of fun and the amount of gadgets in the game is loads of fun. For comic nerds like me, this game is the definitive Batman game and could very well be the best comic book adaption game going. The way the game makes you think like Batman and how you can terrify the enemies. If you manage to pick off all his friends in the room, the heart rates of the enemy will increase and if you appear in front of them, they cower for a few seconds in fear before being knocked out. Above all they kept one of Batman's mantras in that he never kills.
On top of that it has loads of little things in the background that batman fans will truly appreciate (Bane's Bear, Joker making a remark to the killing joke and Clayface).
I've heard that the PS3 version has a extra downloadable content that allows the player to play as the Joker in the challenge maps and that apparently the Joker can use his infamous joybuzzer to take down enemies.
Worst thing about the game is a dodgy boss fight mid-way through and the fact that the game is near enough impossible to put down. i started playing at 9am and pretty much played straight through to 1am. each time i kept thinking 'just a bit more, one more fight'
without a doubt, very highly recommended.

bought the game last friday and all i can say is game of the frakking year.
completed it yesterday and besides going around completing all the mini quests, the game also has a challenge mode which is just pure fun. The game's combat system is loads of fun and the amount of gadgets in the game is loads of fun. For comic nerds like me, this game is the definitive Batman game and could very well be the best comic book adaption game going. The way the game makes you think like Batman and how you can terrify the enemies. If you manage to pick off all his friends in the room, the heart rates of the enemy will increase and if you appear in front of them, they cower for a few seconds in fear before being knocked out. Above all they kept one of Batman's mantras in that he never kills.
On top of that it has loads of little things in the background that batman fans will truly appreciate (Bane's Bear, Joker making a remark to the killing joke and Clayface).
I've heard that the PS3 version has a extra downloadable content that allows the player to play as the Joker in the challenge maps and that apparently the Joker can use his infamous joybuzzer to take down enemies.
Worst thing about the game is a dodgy boss fight mid-way through and the fact that the game is near enough impossible to put down. i started playing at 9am and pretty much played straight through to 1am. each time i kept thinking 'just a bit more, one more fight'
without a doubt, very highly recommended.

Nice to know!:D
I have the intention to buy it too.:cool: