REPORT: Toyoda says Lexus LF-A on time and headed for America, reconfirms Toyobaru

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Lexus LF-A back on track. :lol:

REPORT: Toyoda says Lexus LF-A on time and headed for America, reconfirms Toyobaru

Source: Autoblog

There's a new sheriff in town at Toyota, and he's wasting no time in making his presence felt at the World's Largest Automaker. Fortunately, that finally means a return to building fun-to-drive cars after years of offering virtually nothing to tempt the enthusiast market. We can only hope that some of that sporting DNA finds its way into the rest of the automaker's staid lineup as well.

"The severe drop in the economy and auto market has created some of the most challenging times Toyota has ever faced," says new Toyota Prez Akio Toyoda. "I aim to take us back to what made Toyota successful for many years ? making high-quality products at an affordable price."

According to Toyoda, two of the most eagerly anticipated (non-hybrid) vehicles from Toyota in years are moving ahead at full steam. First of all, the seemingly forever-delayed Lexus LF-A sportscar is back on track and headed Stateside. Secondly, Toyoda reconfirmed earlier reports that the planned affordable sportscar made in partnership with Subaru is on its way within the next few years. Finally, change we can believe in!

lexus-lfa-profile.jpg

Now this is good news. :) I just hope that they won't force the hybrid drivetrain on the Toyobaru

^ X2. Give me a small, lightweight and simple coupe.

Hehe his name is Toyoda and his in charge of Toyota, that's just awesome! I hope that Toyobaru is not too late to the party with the Genesis coupe running around.

Hehe his name is Toyoda and his in charge of Toyota, that's just awesome! I hope that Toyobaru is not too late to the party with the Genesis coupe running around.

Toyoda is the original name of the family that started Toyota. They changed the name to Toyota from Toyoda because it sounded better or something. I don't remember the exact story.

I've been waiting so long for that coup?.

In all honesty, yet again the're arriving too late.

Toyoda is the original name of the family that started Toyota. They changed the name to Toyota from Toyoda because it sounded better or something. I don't remember the exact story.

I was thinking something like that actually but was too lazy to research. Thanks :D

^ X2. Give me a small, lightweight and simple coupe.

I really wish someone would make a car like the Mazda MX-5, but with a fixed hard-top, a better power to weight ratio, better fuel economy, and with the capability of running on 87 octane gasoline.... Yes, I'm crazy.

Looks great, good to see manufacturers still dishing out performance machines. This is why I'm a big fan of Nissan since unlike most manufactuerers; Nissan keeps dishing out new performance minded cars: 350z, 370z, GTR. Here's hoping they launch a 240sx revival too.

^Isn't this suppposed to be RWD?

In any case, I still wonder why Prodrive never bothered with the P2

The Toyota version will be RWD, Subaru version will be AWD.

I really wish someone would make a car like the Mazda MX-5, but with a fixed hard-top, a better power to weight ratio, better fuel economy, and with the capability of running on 87 octane gasoline.... Yes, I'm crazy.

pontiac-solstice-gxp-coupe-racing-heritage.jpg