Yur.

rta96c.jpg

And here's the crank:

rta96c_crank.jpg

Stats:

Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm
Maximum torque: 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm
25,480 liters

Just how fucking awesome would a land vehicle need to be in order to use that thing?

If a combustion chamber is too large, it becomes inefficient. From memory, the "efficient" range for a car engine is 150cc to 500cc per cylinder. Hence why you get 2.0l 4 cyl, 2.5l 5 cyl, 3.0l 6 cyl and 4.0l 8 cyl engines a lot.
Obviously a high-revving small displacement engine is hardly the most efficient thing in the world anyway.

So do ships and trains use inefficient engines? Those go well beyond 500cc.

Sruikyl said:
I honestly want to see that truck engine put down like a rabid dog.

I missed this gem. Well that explains why the Ford GT40 with its pickup truck sourced engine did so poorly against the Ferrari 250 GTO and its race tuned Columbo V12, oh wait-

Just how fucking awesome would a land vehicle need to be in order to use that thing?

Severely awesome.... an i-10 would possibly be the only engine type in existence more awesome than i-8s... and they haven't built i-8 cars in decades.

Someone must design such a vehicle immediately. 100 Foot tall tires(at least 8 of them on 4 axles) would probably be coolest, though perhaps some megatanic treads are the way to go...

Someone must design such a vehicle immediately. 100 Foot tall tires(at least 8 of them on 4 axles) would probably be coolest, though perhaps some megatanic treads are the way to go...

8-wheel 4-axle vehicles are amongst the coolest in the world - see: Tatra.

I was thinking something along the lines of a big Formula 1 car. :D

They already made the Ford Excursion.

Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm
Maximum torque: 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm
25,480 liters

I still think it needs two engines...

Alright, so the new Viper should have
-20 cylinders
-20 liters of displacement (just to even things out)
-4 turbos
-2 superchargers
-1200hp
-415/15R22 rear tires
What else?

it was 9.3 liters exactly, right? I vote for a V-10 and 15.0 liters with LOADS of torque and horsepower.. What good a Viper is without displacement and after all these years, some significant improvement should be made :p.

That makes sense. Still considering how favorable the current LSx series matches up to the V8s coming from BMW and Ferrari I would say GM has solved that issue.

GM has done a wonderful job with those good ol' pushrods. I have no idea how ferrari engines are Power:Weight wise but compared to just about anything else on the market... they are right up there or better... and then that superior torque kicks in to gear :thumbsup:

I do hope this partnership brings about aluminum v8 for Chrysler as Mercedes insistence they stick to cast iron blocks was retarded (though the engine is surprisingly light for an iron one...) If only we could see a big bore Ferrari v8 in a Chrysler.

25,480 liters = 1,554,885 cu. in. :lol:
Or 33.33 cubic yards.

I feel this is a fitting quote for this picture.
rta96c.jpg

Last edited:
20 cylinders and only 1200hp? How absurd! :lol:

Torque is the reason why people actually buy this so called car that is the Viper. and its big. and lazy. and doesn't need to have the engine revved to hell in order to move.

You need to drive one to understand. The whole character of the car is defined by the big, lazy, unstressed V10 that does everything so effortlessly. Not to mention the fact that there's still more room to gain power from it and not compromise reliability or have unreasonable service intervals. They've also increased the output to 600hp, and still has tons of room to grow with.

The high revving and high strung Ferrari motors are well suited to their individual cars but I just don't see it working well in the Viper at all.

:p:lol: