Carbage

It even has similar door sills and wheels

edit: 500th post! Woot :banana::mouse:

Last edited:
Maybe I should move it to the awesome thread then. I was on the fence about it when I found it as well.

Yeah, awesome carbage is tough to categorize. I like it, but mostly because it's meant to be a joke. Not like some of these where people spend insane money to make their cars useless and ugly.

A-Team Smart Car = WIN

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hiu92gO8Q[/YOUTUBE]

7 and a half minutes of FILTH.

:puke:

First, stevan, that's fucking horrible! I couldn't take any more after 3 min and I just turned it off when a bit of vomit came up my throat. Tell whoever made that video that unless he was raised by projectile vomiting elephants there is no excuse!.

%D7%A9%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%92%D7%AA%D7%99%20%D7%90%D7%AA%20%D7%94%D7%90%D7%95%D7%98%D7%95.png

%D7%A9%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%92%D7%AA%D7%99%20%D7%90%D7%AA%20%D7%94%D7%90%D7%95%D7%98%D7%95.png

The guy standing next to the car is 90% of the reason I'm posting this in this thread....wanker.

Last edited:
Actually fitting a working turbine that can assist in propelling the car disqualifies it from being carbage, IMHO.

Last edited:
Maybe the carbage part is that it cost a lot of money, destroyed the functionality and driveability of the truck and it's still slow. 0-60 in around 8 seconds with the jet assisting.

I can't believe it's legal to fire that thing up on the street. Noise, heat, flames?!

The laws in most US states do not cover turbine engines. Jay Leno has a turbine powered bike that is known to have melted the front part of a Saturn that pulled up a bit too close.

I think part of his speed problem is that he doesn't have a properly ducted air intake there and it's sucking in "standing" air from the space behind the cab.

On the other hand, who hasn't wanted to bolt a jet or rockets to their car, just the once? :D

He can't read you spectre, he has you on ignore (srsly :D)

As well, that A-Team Smart is fucking win!

He can't read you spectre, he has you on ignore (srsly :D)

As well, that A-Team Smart is fucking win!

Meh, about what I expected from an ex-Mitsu/now-Audi driver. :lol:

Anyway, they make those turbine bikes in the next state over in Lousiana, and they're road legal both there and in Texas (despite the fact that any car within 7 meters of the rear of the bike is going to have the front end melt); I can't see why that truck would be illegal (in terms of laws on the books, not whether it should be illegal/road legal mind you.)

Last edited:
I'm on the like it side for the A Team Smart, it's just a really awesome paint and accessory job

I think part of his speed problem is that he doesn't have a properly ducted air intake there and it's sucking in "standing" air from the space behind the cab.

On the other hand, who hasn't wanted to bolt a jet or rockets to their car, just the once? :D

Yeah I noticed that, and they mentioned it in the article.

Also the claimed 2700hp is only achievable at over 500mph! :blink:

Don't know what it adds in real terms, but when you consider that top fuelers are faster than jet powered dragsters over the quater, in practical terms a jet just doesn't cut it.

But like you say, a jet or rocket powered anything just looks like fun.

There is even a road legal turbine vw caddy in germany, the trick is he has registred the turbine as "payload" and it does not propel the wheels :)

I think he has restrictions like "don't carry jet fuel around" :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiERBfyJ8s[/YOUTUBE]

As well, this thing should go 550kph but he says "I stop at 270kph, I am old and the brakes already catch fire" :D

Last edited by a moderator: