Wangan Midnight movie 2009

Did anyone else die a little inside when the Datsun S30 became the new Corolla GTS? IE, the new classic car turned ricer posterboy.

The more prohibitive cost of the S30 thankfully leaves it out of the ricer posterboy budget most of the time, not in terms of initial cost, but in terms of the work needed to get it into top shape again.

I want one with an LSx.

Did anyone else die a little inside when the Datsun S30 became the new Corolla GTS? IE, the new classic car turned ricer posterboy.

This show in fact made me discover the 240Z and also the Z31 300ZX. Until then I only knew of the Z32 and thought it was the only 300ZX

Just watched the live action movie, it started out pretty close to the anime, but the ending is meh . Overall 7.5/10.
Few changes I didn't like. They omitted Kitami Jun and the body shop guy completely. They are the people who made the Z great, they shouldn't have omitted them. And what's up with the cheap crash sequences, you can clearly see the car that got crashed and burned is not a Z. They didn't even use the same style wheels as the Z for the final crash. Here's some screenshots of the scenes I'm talking about.
http://img145.imageshack.**/img145/4318/81781364.jpg

And how can the Z still be fixed after that? I would rather they ended it with the Z finally being scrapped and Akio moves on with his life or something like that.

On the plus side, Reina is hot, and she drives a red R34.

That looks extremely juvenile and really stupid.

Agreed, one of the reasons I got sick of the Wangan Midnight anime was the characters were really dull, ugly drawn and really boorish or uninteresting.

Also the racing was really simplistic and full of douchebaggery, the main character is a major asshat and none of the driving had that fun and visual 'wow' found in the drift racing in Initial D. Ini D was much more fun because the main character was mega talented at driving but hilariously clueless at his own skill. Akio in Wangan is just a loser who thinks he's a better driver than he actually is.

Wangan Midnight is not so much about racing as it's about finding companionship on the Wangan Expressway. Yes, Akio and Testsuya are rivals, but they still do friendly runs, samething with Reina. She knows her car can't beat the Devil Z or the Blackbird, but she still hangs around for the companionship.

just watched the trailer, not the movie yet...but i think if the girl in the R34 is reina, they should find another girl who is even hotter. although i would not say that the current chosen girl is not hot, just not what i thought reina would be like. and i don't get why they have to crash the z at the end.

the main character still makes me think of kamen rider den-o more than aiko. and also, didn't best motoring hot version did a mini story about the wangan midnight stuff? they had a tuned Porsche turbo and proper L28 S30Z as well...

also, not to mention that the wangan midnight movie has actually been filmed many times. (according to wiki)

Just watched the live action movie, it started out pretty close to the anime, but the ending is meh . Overall 7.5/10.
Few changes I didn't like. They omitted Kitami Jun and the body shop guy completely. They are the people who made the Z great, they shouldn't have omitted them. And what's up with the cheap crash sequences, you can clearly see the car that got crashed and burned is not a Z. They didn't even use the same style wheels as the Z for the final crash. Here's some screenshots of the scenes I'm talking about.
snip
And how can the Z still be fixed after that? I would rather they ended it with the Z finally being scrapped and Akio moves on with his life or something like that.

On the plus side, Reina is hot, and she drives a red R34.

From where did you watch it??

I didnt watch it still but removing Kitami Jun is pretty stupid. How on earth would the Z exist if it wasn't for him. Although that again reminds me of the initial D film. They also removed Iketani completely!

Last edited:
From where did you watch it??

I didnt watch it still but removing Kitami Jun is pretty stupid. How on earth would the Z exist if it wasn't for him. Although that again reminds me of the initial D film. They also removed Iketani completely!

They never explained who built the Devil Z, so Kitami Jun and the old crew that built the Z never appeared in the movie.