Top Gear's Stig voted biggest mystery of the century

TurnerGTX

wd2901277prom-8-pensnett-h.jpg

Forget whether the Loch Ness monster is real or who killed JFK, the biggest mystery of the century is who is the Stig?

The true identity of The Stig, the anonymous racing driver who appears in the BBC?s Top Gear show, has taken the top spot in a poll of the biggest mysteries of last 100 years.

Almost a quarter of those surveyed voted the celebrity enigma into first place above long standing folklore, urban legends and unsolved crimes.

The research was commissioned to celebrate the launch of Doritos iD3, the first ever snack launched with a mystery flavour, inviting consumers to work it out and win ?20k.

Top ten UK mysteries of the century:

1. The true identity of The Stig (24%)

2. The Loch Ness Monster (16%)

3. Who killed JFK (12%)

4. The disappearance of world-famous racehorse Shergar (11%)

5. The death of Marilyn Monroe (10%)

6. The Beast of Bodmin (8%)

7. The disappearance of Lord Lucan (7%)

8. The Roswell alien autopsy (6%)

9. Bigfoot (4%)

10. BermudaTriangle (2%)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/08/13/top-gear-s-stig-s-real-identity-voted-biggest-mystery-of-the-century-115875-21593898/

Last edited:
/facepalm

hmm, so as far as conspiracy theories go, does this mean that the men in black now turn up when someone claims to see the Stig... "You didn't see a man dressed in a white helmet and racing overalls, it was a weather balloon."

hmm, so as far as conspiracy theories go, does this mean that the men in black now turn up when someone claims to see the Stig... "You didn't see a man dressed in a white helmet and racing overalls, it was a weather balloon."

"Young man, you have no idea who you're dealing with."

Or better still,

"No, ma'am, we at the FBI do not have a sense of humor that we are aware of. May we come in?"

The research was commissioned to celebrate the launch of Doritos iD3, the first ever snack launched with a mystery flavour

Cat_wakes_up.gif

/epic facepalm

Even bigger

implied-facepalm.jpg

Everything on the list is associated with the 20th Century with the exception of the Stig. Idiots. And those who replied to the poll. Too many convenience snacks obviously rot the brain.

WAT? said:
The research was commissioned to celebrate the launch of Doritos iD3, the first ever snack launched with a mystery flavour, inviting consumers to work it out and win ?20k.

Is the flavor boogers? Or rat crap? Maybe it's laundry detergent! How do you sell something that has a mystery flavor?

facepalm23.jpg

Last edited:
I Bet it's cheese flavour, it's always bloody cheese flavour!

I bet they're flavoured with failure.

polar-bear-facepalm.jpg

hmm... yup, that is, people, somehow, believable... i guess o_O

Last edited:
Didn't they sell those doritos in the US not long ago and it turned out they were cheeseburger flavour.

The fact I know this makes me think I internet entirely too much.