James May: James May - Style Icon

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I read my article and I only really have one response:

wat.

(wat was the point of that article, I mean. All it said was he is famous but dresses badly. MAJOR wat.)

One word: Okay....

Oh and that reminds me, I was watching Mock the week today and it looks like Ed Byrne was chanelling his inner James May:

2iibgpu.png

^ AUGHHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!

He's hideous..... worse than they guys at my school, and that's saying somehting considering I'm at a nerd school!!!!

They actually called Ed a younger James May on Mock the Week. He countered that by pointing out that James would not wear a velvet jacket...(not broadcast - I was at the recording) Which is true I think.

Ah but is that velvet or moleskin? As if it mattered. :p I stand corrected

How/why do you get Mock the Week in OZ (You an ex-pat?) - do you understand any of it?

I download MTW from the internet because it's a whole lot better than Good News Week (a cross between HIGNFY and MTW) and even though I don't get half the politics I still laugh at it.

Man that article was as pointless as the Moon the Balloon protest my city had the other day.

Wow. I can't believe I just wasted my time reading that. I learned nothing from it. And I disagree with it. That is all.

Disturbing fact of the day: I decided to grow my hair because of James May. Although it's far longer now!

I disagree with the article though...

I try not to take any notice of people picking on James's sartorial tastes. I'm well aware that as much as he may be at the cutting edge of cocking about, he isn't at the cutting edge of fashion, but as we have at least one t-shirt in common (the Hawker Hurricane one, which I'm wearing today as it happens) and I too habitually buy my jeans from GAP as I'm also a funny shape it feels like they might be rude about my dress sense (or lack thereof) too...

Then again, no sense, no feeling, and as I clearly have no dress sense...

I wager they're bought in bulk somewhere during Boxing Day sales. ;)

I think James's "style", it you want to call it that, suits him very well. No pretention there, he just wears "clothes" and "shoes".

I take a couple of cruises a year so I read a cruise board and the amount of arguing that goes on over there about what people should and should not wear to the main dining room is just unreal. With the recent changes in airline luggage rules, the cruise lines have relaxed the dress requirements and you can even wear "nice shorts" and "nice jeans" in the dining rooms on casual nights now. Oh my God has that caused an uproar. I don't understand it. As long as the genitals and ladies breast are covered, I am fine.