Rumour Mill: Gumpert Apollo Speed grabs Ringrecord - 7:11

They better enjoy it while they can. I heard there is a V6 Camaro that is going to take them down.

:lol:

So this Monster is an "Apollo Sport" not "Speed".
Stunning car, i'd take this over a Ferrari Enzo any time.

They better enjoy it while they can. I heard there is a V6 Camaro that is going to take them down.

:lol:

*LOOOOOOOOOOOOL*

My question is when will we start seeing Sub 7 minute times.

My question is when will we start seeing Sub 7 minute times.
According to EVO, Caparo has been down there, but they had to abort their attempt due to rain, I'm fairly confident that they should be able to get a sub-7-minute lap.

The Radical SR8 did a 6:56 on street legal tires a while ago, but it's road legal only in the UK.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIXK3vsiLkw[/YOUTUBE]

somehow that seems......accelerated sometimes.......

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems so easy when you're watching...

btw, the guy who owns the hotel was taken for a ride and said he had never seen ANYTHING that pushes like that thing and it could certainly do a sub-7 minute lap with a "real" Nordschleifen Expert and if the car was properly insured.

According to EVO, Caparo has been down there, but they had to abort their attempt due to rain, I'm fairly confident that they should be able to get a sub-7-minute lap.

The Radical SR8 did a 6:56 on street legal tires a while ago, but it's road legal only in the UK.

If the Apollo can push this close to the 7min mark, then it would be easy for Caparo to hit under 7min seeing how it absolutely demolished the other road-legal production supercars on the TG track.

Nevertheless, this is an impressive feat. The quest for sub 7min production car times continue!

Last edited: