A Canadian needs a car

Just an update, my dad went to look at that Volvo, said its in good shape, though gutless. Interior is evidently immaculate.

The car has a choke to start it, which is slightly awesome.

But he is going to look at a Bonneville SSEI tomorrow for $1500, evidently its in perfect condition and owned by a mechanic who did all the work himself.

Personally I'd rather him look at the 190es I found on Autotrader and Craigslist, but I really don't have much say in it. He said he will offer the Volvo for $2300 if the Bonneville is just meh.

Well, I hope that you can get a nice 190E. At $2,500, you've got a wide selection.

So my dad got the Bonneville...he said "ITS HAS LEATHER AND ITS SUPERCHARGED." He sounded like a used car salesmen telling somebody who doesn't know its also made by the UAW, and makes 225hp on FWD YAY.

I told him that I'd actually take care of the next car I got, like actually wash unlike the van from before. But considering I had absolutely no say in this purchase I don't give a crap. I might sound like being a jerk or asshole, but considering I was looking at everything BUT GM crap and ended up with MORE GM CRAP.

Also this engine was recalled this year 1.5million vehicles.

Last edited:
My condolences.

Should be an incentive to work harder so you can get a car that isn't GM crap.

How harshly driven do you think at 2002 SVT Focus will be? 115K Kms on it.

Also...what are 88 Sciroccos reliability like?

Finally...is there a way to change the thread title?

How harshly driven do you think at 2002 SVT Focus will be? 115K Kms on it.

Also...what are 88 Sciroccos reliability like?

Finally...is there a way to change the thread title?

1. Very.

2. They don't have any.

3. Adunaphel already got this one. :p

More like your father doesn't want you to show up with a better car than he's got. :p

More like your father doesn't want you to show up with a better car than he's got. :p

I am going to laugh SOOO hard when the rear end of the Sky astronomically fails. Everytime you go over something 2cm from normal road height you can here stuff in the rear end bang together (dealer says its not there and its fine :rolleyes:).

Considering it has already been recalled for the Diff before, I will really laugh hard when something huge happens to it.

You might want to tell him that down here in Texas where you actually can drive most of the year (unlike the far frozen North), most of the Cavaliers/Sunfires reached their terminal mileage some time back. The most common place to find one is in a junkyard.

You might want to tell him that down here in Texas where you actually can drive most of the year (unlike the far frozen North), most of the Cavaliers/Sunfires reached their terminal mileage some time back. The most common place to find one is in a junkyard.

Up here there are more for sale than driving because they are so bad people get rid of them for nothing. My dad has a retarded way of thinking, he is the opposite of a good consumer. He is going to look at a 80something Crown Vic in the states on Wednesday, less that 100K Kms and looks to be in perfect shape.

Oh god....

There's a reason why I haven't seen a live 80s Crown Vic in several months.....

They made more Crown Vics in six months than the entire eight year run of the XJ6S3, but I see more XJs still happily running around than 80s Crown Vics.

If he is getting a Vic, get a '90s one with the 4.6L. They aren't expensive and will run until the end of time.