Post a pic of yourself

Wait...you drank as a 12 year old?

ah... yeah

you just had to know someone older to buy it for you, lol

back then me and 2 other people would split a 12 case and ride around on bicycle drinking them :lol:

I don't drink and drive now though.

Here's me and my mom doing a cheers at my grandparents house about a month ago.

Picture053.jpg

Being drunk in the afternoon with all the family is ... different :lol:

Ah Newfoundland where family members aren't family members after 6.

I don't mean to offend you, its just a joke I heard from my old boss I always laughed at.

Ironically Newfoundlanders value their family the fuck load. just to the right of the picture were about 70 of my direct relatives (first cousins, aunts uncles etc..)

Every time I hear a newfie joke it's somehow one I've never heard before, lol

Wait...you drank as a 12 year old?

Piece of advice - don't talk to today's 12 year olds. (Or at least what Britain has to throw at you). And REALLY don't try and find out what the 14 year olds are up to. I did once. :?

Piece of advice - don't talk to today's 12 year olds. (Or at least what Britain has to throw at you). And REALLY don't try and find out what the 14 year olds are up to. I did once. :?

C'mon, the first know complaint about today's youth being no good has been made 500 BC by Socrate. Obviously, humankind survived another 2500 years, anyways.
For a more boozing-related example: At age 13, a friend of mine called her mom, who was working at the ER, telling her that she's home and going to bed. - just to leave home, go back to a party, drink a whole bottle of Schnaps as part of some bet and end up at the ER, where the doctor, who, of course, was her mom, was not-too-happy to see her.
She's turning 30 theses days and is quite a sucessful scientist, so it did not too much harm, i think...
...the whole "teen drinking" problem is massively overstated, at least as a "new" problem. My father played in a brass band as a kid and after each gig, there was a Korn for every member of the band, all the way down to the pre-teen kids. One might say, well, that was the fifties, when people were not as concious about alcohol as they are today, but that's exactely my point - there's nothing new, just known facts suddenly treated as a problem.
Even the problem with binge drinking, judging from my own experiences, is massively overstated as a new phenomenon... it already was quite common in the mid-nineties when i was a teen. First time i passed out in public was, i think, at age 14 of 15. Point is, my friends did not call an ambulance of the cops, thus adding me to some "drunk youngsters" statistics, but called my parents. My father came to pick me up, handed me a nice bucket so i won't throw up into his car, and commented: "Son, you smell of cheap schnaps!". Next morning at 9 AM i was forced to get out of bed on grounds of "Wer saufen kann, kann auch aufstehen!" ("He who is able to booze, is able to get up early, too!"). Did not learn to much from that lesson, though.

Teen pregnancy, now, THAT is a problem.

Anyways, CHEERS to Night_Hawk!

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying that teen drinking and/or binge drinking is cool, all i say that it's not the kind of civilization-threatening problem it is made to look like lately.

Last edited:
at the time of the picture I was legal drinking age for just about 4 months. But that doesnt mean I havent been drinking for the last 6 or 7 years without all the family, lol

ah... yeah

you just had to know someone older to buy it for you, lol

back then me and 2 other people would split a 12 case and ride around on bicycle drinking them :lol:

I don't drink and drive now though.

Ironically Newfoundlanders value their family the fuck load. just to the right of the picture were about 70 of my direct relatives (first cousins, aunts uncles etc..)

Every time I hear a newfie joke it's somehow one I've never heard before, lol

See Kids, don't drink when you're underage - it makes you say lol all the time. :p

Forget drinking, I'd be more worried about all the teens getting pregnant. No that's not new either but the pregnancy pacts are.

WTF 'pregnancy pact'? :|:blink::shock2:

Oh yeah there were about 12 16 year olds in Gloucester (MA not England) who did that recently. There were 2 teenagers when I worked at walgreens that were pregnant. It is common now.

Pregnancy pacts are stupid, but a rather adequate response to abstinence-only sex education.
Let's put Quine's holism to work.

Consider this system of four statements:

1) All sex except for reproduction is sin.
2) You do not want to sin.
3) You do not want to get pregnant.
4) You want to have sex.

To make this system work, you have to revise one of the statements. Any of these statements. But being a good, god-fearing christian and a horny teenager at the same time, neither commtting a sin, nor questioning an anti-carnal religious doctrine are options to you. So you try to stay abstinent, but someday you just want to have sex. So you got to reproduce. But doing something on your own is not really on a teenage mind, so you make a "pregnancy pact".

A suicide pact would be a better solution, as it would not involve harming of innocent third parties (the kids of this girls).

But wait, suicide is a sin, too. Damn.

Disclaimer: While considering myself a catholic, i have become quite frustrated with the moronic standpoint both my church and most protestant churches have on matters of sex education, contraception and abortion.
Not only is it irresponsible from a pragmatic point of view, it also is almost completely without any theological standing. Doctrines with deeper roots in the holy texts have been overthrown, if it was in the interest of the church(es).

^ this was however public school so it wasn't a religion thing. They're just idiots.

^ this was however public school so it wasn't a religion thing. They're just idiots.

Even worse. According to the article linked by BlaRo, it was a religion thing, as the kid's parents are too catholic for birth control pills.

Last edited:
While it is a public school, it's likely that the taxpayers are religious and Republicans, who usually dictates how sex-education (and school) is taught.

I like sex ed the way it was taught to me - presenting most contraceptive methods (including things like watching the calander along with condoms), a persentage for each on how likely they are to work, but stating that abstinance is the only thing that works 100% of the time (and the percentages were fair - there were a couple of methods that were ranked around ninty five percent, though some ranked as low as 30%, like pulling out :rolleyes:)