PS3 Slim and price drop

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
Woooo hooooo!!!

I love this:

34 percent lighter, draws 34 percent less power

I always knew the sheer mass of the PS3 would amount to nothin' good.

I think I'll get meself one 'o these.

Yes, I'm intrigued as well and hope for a nice GT5 bundle.

I already got one of the big clunkin' ones.:(

but it was free.:)

now I can't think of another downside so this joke will die.:(

Hey wait! That did it! :)

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.:(

But seriously; I wish they'd stop doing this! Why don't they just make the damn thing small to begin with! Bunch of pricks, making my shit look obsolete.<_< "OooOoh, now there's a silver thin one." :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for the GT5 bundle before I buy one, it looks real nice.

But seriously; I wish they'd stop doing this! Why don't they just make the damn thing small to begin with! Bunch of pricks, making my shit look obsolete.<_< "OooOoh, now there's a silver thin one." :rolleyes:

Nah, the old one still looks sleek and high tech. This new one looks really plastic, like a PS One.

ps3.slim.unboxed07.jpg

So they didn't bring PS2-compatibility back? Bugger.

I wish they'd stop doing this! Why don't they just make the damn thing small to begin with! Bunch of pricks, making my shit look obsolete.<_< "OooOoh, now there's a silver thin one." :rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts. It was the same story with the Nintendo DS as well >: (

They can't make the small version to begin with because the technology simply doesn't exist. Don't forget how fast the world moves in the world of computers. The PS3 has been around for four years now. In 2005, they simply would not have been able to produce the PS3 slim, because the necessary technology was not available or at least not affordable.

Can you still upgrade the hard drive?

"Yes, you can. It does not void your warranty. In fact, we encourage it," Koller told us. He explained that the drive is now located on the front of the system, not the side, and changing out your hard drive will still be easy. "It's a two-screw process," he explained.
Don't worry about being stuck with "just" an 80GB hard drive. The ability to install your own hard drive is still there, and Koller seemed enthusiastic about people modifying their systems in this way.

..which is nice.

I wonder what slimming down the PS3 does for the cooling though..

Well, with improved parts comes decreased power consumption comes decreased need for cooling.

Obviously it comes out a month after I bought mine...<_<

If this means the "big" PS3s will drop in price, than I'm more than happy to save the money and just get the original.

They can't make the small version to begin with because the technology simply doesn't exist. Don't forget how fast the world moves in the world of computers. The PS3 has been around for four years now. In 2005, they simply would not have been able to produce the PS3 slim, because the necessary technology was not available or at least not affordable.

2006, you mean. Wii and PS3 launched within a week of each other in 2006, 360 came out in the holiday season of 2005.

Obviously it comes out a month after I bought mine...<_<

The exact same thing happened with me and the PS2/PS2 slim. I bought the big one then the small one came out. Could have saved money if I waited a bit :mad:

2006, you mean. Wii and PS3 launched within a week of each other in 2006, 360 came out in the holiday season of 2005.
The PS3 was first presented to the public in 2005, so it's likely the state of the hardware is from that year also.

Meh... price drop is good, but I still think the original 60 GB I have is the best one.

and wtf at taking out the ability to install Linux. Not that it really matters to anyone, but it's a neat idea.