Gran Turismo 5

I find it funny that only local Xbox/Forza fanboys actually whine about the damage in the short preview demo.. :lol: Oh, and you all must have heard that Che closed an actually mature discussion thread about the latest GT5 news, threatening the OP and anyone else who would make similar post with instant ban. :rolleyes::lol::rofl: Yup, that's how good PR is done..

The cockpit view is just a black extra layer in shape of a windscreen. I already wondered how they squeezed tracks like the Ring and a fully functional cockpit into a PSP. Okay, there's a functional wingmirror, too.

Not that I'm complaining, just observing. :)

I think i'll pass on the PSP version, I've had enough of the PSP now, too clunky.

The cockpit view is just a black extra layer in shape of a windscreen. I already wondered how they squeezed tracks like the Ring and a fully functional cockpit into a PSP. Okay, there's a functional wingmirror, too.

Not that I'm complaining, just observing. :)

I realized that too. It is impossible for the PSP to reder so many things at a time. But having this pseudo-cockpit view it is also nice :D

BTW here comes another GT5 video (with good quality).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPM2g-UsCM[/YOUTUBE]

Look at minute 2:50:

They cared about the tire physics! Those Japanese programmers... :lol:

Last edited:
I find it funny that only local Xbox/Forza PS3 fanboys actually whine about the damage graphics in the short preview demo.. :lol:

bah, this game will still be riding on smooth Nurb while hovering on magic carpet. :p And they STILL can't make good looking headlights or taillights.

Oh, and you all must have heard that Che closed an actually mature discussion thread about the latest GT5 news, threatening the OP and anyone else who would make similar post with instant ban. :rolleyes::lol::rofl: Yup, that's how good PR is done..
If it was a GT5 thread it would be going downhill shortly.I think it's smart of Microsoft to keep the Forza forums focused on Forza, they allow discussion of other games in the general gaming section. If I recall they closed the Forza vs. Race Pro/TDU/Shift threads as well. It is good to know that your keeping up on Forza news though, must be a fan. ;)

Either way, it's pretty sad to ignore the impressive damage. PD did some crazy modeling on those race cars, I think it's safe to assume they'd show it off in the demo. We can bitch about numerous Skylines and NSXs, but any way you slice it 1,000 cars all with interiors and impressive attention to detail is one big ass car list! If GT has one strong point it's graphics, and he attention to detail is quite amazing. I say as well, PD has had this game in development for half a decade, I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeve. You don't spend five years modeling interiors, I'm looking to see what innovations they have made in the racing sim genre.

Last edited:
If it was a GT5 thread it would be going downhill shortly.I think it's smart of Microsoft to keep the Forza forums focused on Forza, they allow discussion of other games in the general gaming section. If I recall they closed the Forza vs. Race Pro/TDU/Shift threads as well. It is good to know that your keeping up on Forza news though, must be a fan. ;)
Well, this actually made it on Gtplanet.net, where Forza has its own subforum. And on the Forza forum, they threaten to ban people for opening a thread on GT5.

I agree that this happening has to be taken with a grain of salt, but still...

It's always good to keep eyes on the opposing camp, especially when they're under control of complete nazi leadership.

Well it is Microsoft. . .

I tend to think Sony would be just as Totalitarian on their official forums though too.

not really. Sony is Japanese company and Japanese mindset is very polite and they pay attention to what the customers say, and do their best to fulfill that within the deadline.

not really. Sony is Japanese company and Japanese mindset is very polite and they pay attention to what the customers say, and do their best to fulfill that within the deadline.
In all seriousness, Polyphony Digital has to be the exception that proves the rule. Rarely, if ever, did I see a company where the product is so popular when the connection to customers and the marketing in general is so poor.

Because they're perfectionists and it's a massive game.

Apparently not, judging by the "only 170 cars with full interiors and another 830 without interior damage? I could do that during my lunch break!" comments...<_<

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPM2g-UsCM[/YOUTUBE]

lol, nice. I like how the AI car that got stuck behind the player needed to be buttplugged to get unstuck.

Ah well, the tire bouncing physics make up for that. :D