Interview with James in Metro - 20-08-09

7 actually- I clicked refresh when i signed it myself so I emailed them to get rid of my second signature... Oops.

I dunno, I really had to push myself through the first series. It got better after the first episode but lord Oz is such a ponce even James wasn't enough to make it up for me. The second series was a little better because the "supporting characters" were funnier. I didn't actually enjoy it until Drink to Britain when the two of them were on more equal footing. I'm not sure even James could fix poetry for me.

Really? I sort of had the opposite reaction. I liked the first one a lot because Oz and James were so opposite on pretty much everything. Sort of like this:

O: "This is a full-bodied cabernet, with rich cherry and pepper flavors and just a hint of mint."
J: *blows whistle* "You're being poncy!"

And later:

O: "Don't you love camping? The scenery is gorgeous! Smell the fresh countryside air!"
J: "This is terrible and I wish I were at home."

The California series had a much more manufactured feel to me. Those stupid busty blondes and bikers... I so could have done without that bit.

And the British series seemed like it kind of toed the line between the two. I find it totally unbelievable that Oz knows more about brewing beer than James, because pretty much every person I know who loves beer as much as James does knows a good deal about its brewing process, even if they don't home-brew. They seemed to be trying, at least at first, to keep the know-it-all vs. dunce formula from earlier series, but happily by the end it just deteriorated into boys getting drunk. :)

Spicy, you're talking to the woman who's biggest excitement in the past several days was the fact that the Lego house is being built with perfectly organized stripes instead of a random abstract color assortment. I'm weird! I got really turned off by Oz for whatever reason. I also am aggravated by wine ponces for what's really just personal reasons, so much so that even from a humorous angle and even with James the France thing got under my skin. Can I still be in the "I like James" club though? Pretty please?

Spicy, you're talking to the woman who's biggest excitement in the past several days was the fact that the Lego house is being built with perfectly organized stripes instead of a random abstract color assortment.

Oh, my. Hun, we need to get you out more.

Can I still be in the "I like James" club though? Pretty please?

Er, don't think I can answer that. Not like I'm the club's president. Are we a club? Do we have a president? Is there a secret handshake? CAN I HAVE A NAME BADGE???

Oh, my. Hun, we need to get you out more.

Sorry, I just really like perfectly stripey Legos. I won't show you what I built the other day.

Er, don't think I can answer that. Not like I'm the club's president. Are we a club? Do we have a president? Is there a secret handshake? CAN I HAVE A NAME BADGE???

Clearly the president is LindenChase. As for badges and handshakes I defer to her good judgment.

Clearly the president is LindenChase. As for badges and handshakes I defer to her good judgment.

I don't mind about badges and handshakes. Feel free to use them as you like. Also anyone can join except those persons who refer to James as Jamie and use terms as "naughty boy" to describe him. ;)

Last edited:
I don't mind about badges and handshakes. Feel free to use them as you like. Also anyone can join except those persons who refer to James as Jamie and use terms as "naughty boy" to describe him. ;)

That would just be so wrong :shock2:

As would referring to him as 'Jim'.

Can I join please? I'm quite happy to make my own badge (I mean the pin sort, not the Jeremy Clarkson meaning :mrgreen:)