Enterprise Rent-A-Car sold Chevies without standard air bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are an idiot. Only a complete ass would knowingly destroy someone else's property. No matter how you slice it, you don't own the car you rent, you are paying for use of the automobile and if you read the contract you sign, you agree to use the car for standard driving only. Even when you rent a Jeep Wrangler or other SUV they specify you can't take the vehicle off-road. This has been brought up before on the forum and the consensus is always the same: abusing, destroying, modifying or otherwise fucking with a vehicle you don't own is always the sign of an asshole. It doesn't matter if that car is owned by a family member, your best friend, your work, or a hire car company.

I could not have put it better. That's the exact point. Renting a vehicle does not include a license to destroy it. Of course, no one expects you to treat it with the same care as your own vehicle, but to treat it with respect, at least.

You are an idiot. Only a complete ass would knowingly destroy someone else's property. No matter how you slice it, you don't own the car you rent, you are paying for use of the automobile and if you read the contract you sign, you agree to use the car for standard driving only. Even when you rent a Jeep Wrangler or other SUV they specify you can't take the vehicle off-road. This has been brought up before on the forum and the consensus is always the same: abusing, destroying, modifying or otherwise fucking with a vehicle you don't own is always the sign of an asshole. It doesn't matter if that car is owned by a family member, your best friend, your work, or a hire car company.

Oh thank god finally some sanity. I was starting to wonder if I was only the reasonable and sane person here.

Slides Blind a beer oh and some shotgun shells can never have too many of those.

:beer:

Got to agree with Blind on this. It is one thing drive a bit above the legal limit in a car that is not yours. But a complete douche-bag move to beat the shit out of it.

Oh get off your fucking high horses... :rolleyes:

Beating on a rental car is no worse then beating on your own car...there are some fucking reasons rental cars have the optional insurance on them you know you idiots.

Unlike most of you hypocrites I've actually had a job where it was 'MY JOB' to beat on new cars (usually to make sure they performed correctly before we handed them off to automotive journalists who would then beat on the cars anyway)...

Chances are the rentals have seen far worse then a few burnouts and dounuts that they've been through in my care...(The minivan going into reverse was a screw up on my part, I was going for neutral and overshot...still nice to know it could survive it though.Never know when that information could come in handy...)

As shown with the videos I've linked :D

I wouldn't go out of my way to beat the shit out of a rental vehicle, like, say, jumping it or pretending I'm the reincarnated Colin McRae down some Maine logging roads or anything.

However...PJ O'Rourke did have a point when he said that a rental car is the "fastest car on Earth." :mrgreen:

I wouldn't go out of my way to beat the shit out of a rental vehicle, like, say, jumping it or pretending I'm the reincarnated Colin McRae down some Maine logging roads or anything.

However...PJ O'Rourke did have a point when he said that a rental car is the "fastest car on Earth." :mrgreen:

Apparently everyone agreeing with Blind here also can't actually read....

Beating on a Rental Car does not mean I'm re-creating scenes from 'The Blues Brothers' or Dukes of Hazzard with the damned things...

Bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with abusing a rental car, and anyone who hasn't abused a rental car is a outright liar.

And it does matter if it's a friends car, work car, rental car, or family car...

With a friends/family/work car, if your shennanigans screw something up on the car, chances are you'll find out about it/hear about it and you're in big trouble for it.

A rental car you'll never hear back from them unless you do something so outrageously stupid with it they have to act (Jackass the movie for example...taking a rental into a demolition derby) If the transmission goes out 2,000 miles after your rough-housing with it caused it to start dying they don't search through their records to find out who caused the issue, they just put it out of service till one of their mechanics fixes it.

Which brings us back to the initial point of Rental Car's not having a Soul.

If they lack a Soul they are a inferior product and deserve special treatment...anyone who disputes this claim isn't a real car person. Period.

If they lack a Soul they are a inferior product and deserve special treatment...anyone who disputes this claim isn't a real car person. Period.

e6t93n.jpg

:unsure:

Bullshit.

There's nothing wrong with abusing a rental car, and anyone who hasn't abused a rental car is a outright liar.

And it does matter if it's a friends car, work car, rental car, or family car...

With a friends/family/work car, if your shennanigans screw something up on the car, chances are you'll find out about it/hear about it and you're in big trouble for it.

A rental car you'll never hear back from them unless you do something so outrageously stupid with it they have to act (Jackass the movie for example...taking a rental into a demolition derby) If the transmission goes out 2,000 miles after your rough-housing with it caused it to start dying they don't search through their records to find out who caused the issue, they just put it out of service till one of their mechanics fixes it.

Ahh so it only matters if you get caught doing something bad/wrong/unethical not if you are actually doing it.

Good to know.

:rolleyes:

Ethics,... bussiness ethics and ethics online have a lot in common, they are both oxymorons.

Oh get off your fucking high horses... :rolleyes:

Beating on a rental car is no worse then beating on your own car...there are some fucking reasons rental cars have the optional insurance on them you know you idiots.

Unlike most of you hypocrites I've actually had a job where it was 'MY JOB' to beat on new cars (usually to make sure they performed correctly before we handed them off to automotive journalists who would then beat on the cars anyway)...

Chances are the rentals have seen far worse then a few burnouts and dounuts that they've been through in my care...(The minivan going into reverse was a screw up on my part, I was going for neutral and overshot...still nice to know it could survive it though.Never know when that information could come in handy...)

As shown with the videos I've linked :D

The difference is that in once case, it is your job to test a car - that has to do with quality assurance and you are being hired by the owner of the car for that purpose. The owner of the car has contracted with you to abuse the car, they know how the car will be treated and are fine with it.

Offering insurance with a rental car does not, in any way, give you any license, explicit or implied, to actually destroy that car. The reason they offer insurance is because many car insurance companies (especially budget companies) don't offer rental car coverage. Also, there is no guarantee that the renter of the car actually owns their own car (which is why they are renting one) and therefore would not have their own insurance. The rental insurance is actually limited for most rental companies, read the contract limitations - if you abuse or willfully destroy or damage the car you can still be held completely liable, in other contracts you are only covered up to a few thousand dollars if you are found to be at-fault for the damage.

Your reasoning for damaging or destroying another person's car seems to be "well, other people do it, so I can too!" Horsehit. By that logic you can justify anything. Just because someone else is a big enough of a douchebag to video himself abusing someone else's car is not justification for you to do the same.

Beating on your own car is a very different proposition. You are the one who has to pay for repairs, you are the one who pays for tires fucked up by a tweaked alignment, and you are the one who takes the loss on resale when the engine is burning oil, the body is dented and the interior is trashed. When you do this to another person's car you take money out of their pocket

Who is the hypocrite here, the person who treats his own car with respect but willfully destroys or damages any car that isn't his own or the person who treats both his and other cars with some degree of respect and courtesy for both the owner and the next renter.

I can only wonder with your attitude why that job you so gleefully cite is in the past tense.

Let me break it down for you to the most generic terms:
If it's not ok to damage a car by crashing it into stuff, jumping it or blowing the motor, then how do you justify smoking the tires, abusing the brakes, and damaging the motor? They are essentially the same thing, the only difference is the severity of the damage and how easy it is to see.

If it's not ok to abuse your best friend's car, fleet vehicle from work or a car borrowed from a friend or family member, how do you justify damaging a rental? Both cars belong to someone else, the only difference is that in one case you might actually be held accountable for the damage because you know the person who owns it. These actions are essentially the same thing: abusing a car that does not belong to you.

You are a coward, the only thing that keeps you from destroying or damaging every car you get in is the possibility of being held accountable for your actions.

Your "soul" bullshit is a load of crap. Show where they install "soul" on the assembly line. It's the same assembly line where they build all the other models that go for private sale, so where is the soul on the options list?

One last thing: contributing to the early death of the car is the same as destroying it yourself. You advocate damaging a car and contributing to early mechanical failure - even if the car does not actually break when you have it in your possession, you have contributed to and may be the cause of it's early failure. That is destroying a car, in whole or part. Your negative rep was a chicken shit move from a coward and a vandal and nothing more than a pathetic attempt at payback for being publicly smacked down.

Last edited:
Severe ass beating not quoted for compassionate reasons.

You must spread some rep around before giving it to Blind_Io.

Yes most hypocritical indeed.

The funniest thing about this is he is jumping up and down screaming in the C4C threads about owners destroying their own cars which, for the most part are utter crap, but doesn't see a problem abusing a car he doesn't own. If you want to destroy your own car well you can do that. We can all call you stupid but it is your property so as long as you aren't trying to commit insurance fraud then nothing wrong with it.

The difference is that in once case, it is your job to test a car - that has to do with quality assurance and you are being hired by the owner of the car for that purpose. The owner of the car has contracted with you to abuse the car, they know how the car will be treated and are fine with it.

Offering insurance with a rental car does not, in any way, give you any license, explicit or implied, to actually destroy that car. The reason they offer insurance is because many car insurance companies (especially budget companies) don't offer rental car coverage. Also, there is no guarantee that the renter of the car actually owns their own car (which is why they are renting one) and therefore would not have their own insurance. The rental insurance is actually limited for most rental companies, read the contract limitations - if you abuse or willfully destroy or damage the car you can still be held completely liable, in other contracts you are only covered up to a few thousand dollars if you are found to be at-fault for the damage.

Your reasoning for damaging or destroying another person's car seems to be "well, other people do it, so I can too!" Horsehit. By that logic you can justify anything. Just because someone else is a big enough of a douchebag to video himself abusing someone else's car is not justification for you to do the same.

I don't rent a car with the sole intention of beating it until it's dead...I drive the rental exactly how I drive my car, if it can't handle the way I drive then I don't consider it a better car then what I have...

I'm not going to start jumping curbs and running over street signs and fences 'just' because I have a rental in my possesion.

Beating on your own car is a very different proposition. You are the one who has to pay for repairs, you are the one who pays for tires fucked up by a tweaked alignment, and you are the one who takes the loss on resale when the engine is burning oil, the body is dented and the interior is trashed. When you do this to another person's car you take money out of their pocket

Bullshit. If I break a rental car, who's paying for it? I AM. Don't assume that just because its a rental car I'm not going to be held accountable for what damage is done to it. When you return the rental car they do a actual walk around with you, and if you have damage on the car either you tell them or they find it and report it...which either way will end up on your statement.

If the rental comes back on a flatbed because the transmission took a shit, I'm the one at fault since it broke as a result of my treating it badly...

Who is the hypocrite here, the person who treats his own car with respect but willfully destroys or damages any car that isn't his own or the person who treats both his and other cars with some degree of respect and courtesy for both the owner and the next renter.

You're the hypocrite. I'm not willfully destroying or damaging the cars that come into my possession... 'Spirited driving' or driving a rental exactly how I drive my car does not equate to me 'destroying' the fucking car.

Here's a novel concept for you. Most people who rent different cars, like to see how the cars stack up to what they already have. Believe it or not this is one of the ways Ford got so many people to buy the New Edges...they liked the way they drove/performed when they rented them.

The Caravan being put into reverse at 40 was not something I 'meant' to do...I went for neutral and missed, but Dodge can't seem to get a column shifter to feel right and I missed neutral...

The Deville, well I've heard horror stories reguarding the Northstar V8 so I wanted to see how it actually performed...and it performed quite well...so well that it easily and quickly eclipsed the three digit mark before I knew it.

I can only wonder with your attitude why that job you so gleefully cite is in the past tense.

I'm not surprised a asshole like yourself will 'ASSume' things. That job is in the past tense because I fucking quit it. The job was fine, but being actually treated like dog shit by your boss on a constant and frequent basis makes even the most enjoyable jobs miserable.

Don't assume you know me, cause you don't. :rolleyes: Prick

Let me break it down for you to the most generic terms:
If it's not ok to damage a car by crashing it into stuff, jumping it or blowing the motor, then how do you justify smoking the tires, abusing the brakes, and damaging the motor? They are essentially the same thing, the only difference is the severity of the damage and how easy it is to see.

If you're a idiot they're essentially the same thing. However they aren't the same thing. And define 'abusing the brakes'? What the fuck does that mean? You never had to do a fucking panic stop at all? Stop acting like you're better then me, cause you're clearly not.

If it's not ok to abuse your best friend's car, fleet vehicle from work or a car borrowed from a friend or family member, how do you justify damaging a rental? Both cars belong to someone else, the only difference is that in one case you might actually be held accountable for the damage because you know the person who owns it. These actions are essentially the same thing: abusing a car that does not belong to you.

Man you're a fucking broken record. Same shit over and over and over...

You are a coward, the only thing that keeps you from destroying or damaging every car you get in is the possibility of being held accountable for your actions.

And you're a fucking moron. Assuming I'm a coward because I'm not held accountable for damaging a rental? Fuck you.

I don't hide from anything. There you go assuming again...Act like a big fucking tough guy because you're typing to a name on a screen...

Fuck you and your friends.

Your "soul" bullshit is a load of crap. Show where they install "soul" on the assembly line. It's the same assembly line where they build all the other models that go for private sale, so where is the soul on the options list?

It's a fucking joke asshole. No car built knows where it's going, its not like cars magically ordered to rental fleets have their souls taken away...

Does a car even have a soul? Does it? :rolleyes:

One last thing: contributing to the early death of the car is the same as destroying it yourself. You advocate damaging a car and contributing to early mechanical failure - even if the car does not actually break when you have it in your possession, you have contributed to and may be the cause of it's early failure. That is destroying a car, in whole or part. Your negative rep was a chicken shit move from a coward and a vandal and nothing more than a pathetic attempt at payback for being publicly smacked down.

I could give a shit about my rep. here...what I do give a shit about is fucking morons like yourself, British Rover and whoever the fuck else is part of your fucking posse who act like they're high and mighty know-it-fucking-alls when in reality you're pathetic. You think you're better and morally superior because of your stance on issues like this.

Fuck you and your egos. I'm not hiding from no one, I'm not acting like a coward, I'm bringing it right out in front for everyone to see. You got a problem with me, bring it right to my face.

Otherwise you're the coward in this, not me.

I could give a shit about my rep. here...what I do give a shit about is fucking morons like yourself, British Rover and whoever the fuck else is part of your fucking posse who act like they're high and mighty know-it-fucking-alls when in reality you're pathetic. You think you're better and morally superior because of your stance on issues like this.

Fuck you and your egos. I'm not hiding from no one, I'm not acting like a coward, I'm bringing it right out in front for everyone to see. You got a problem with me, bring it right to my face.

Otherwise you're the coward in this, not me.

inet_tough_guy.jpg

:lol: :roll:

^ I don't care if you want to justify your "beating on" rental cars by the "if everybody else does it, I can!!!!!" and "well, i do it to my own stuff, so it must be ok!!!!!" methods. You are still abusing the trust of the rental agency by violating the contract you sign that (as somebody else mentions) explicitly states you will drive the car in a usual manner (and no, that does not imply under law that you can beat the crap out of it because you do that normally- it means like a normal, law-abiding driver). You (not alone, obviously, I mean all the people that do this sort of stuff) are also raising the cost of renting a car for everybody else. Scenario:

Person A hires Car A. They beat the crap out of it, doing handbrake turns, smoking the tires, etc. They do a little bit of damage to the car that goes unnoticed, and return the car. Because they don't do detailed mechanical checks of the car before hiring it out unnoticed, Person A gets away with it. Other people hire the car, damage is still there, it gets worse over time. Person B then hires the car. They may or may not drive the car "normally". They:
a) have a breakdown in the car due to Person A's damage or some other damage. The rental company finally notices the damage person A caused, and that it has been caused a long time ago.
b) return the car, it gets a service/some other mechanical work, and the damage Person A created is noticed. Again, they notice it was caused a while ago.

Now, they can't charge Person B for the damage, as they did not cause it and therefore they cannot recover the cost of repairs from the person that did it. They must either cover the costs themselves or via insurance. Either way then they are out of pocket, either from the repairs, their insurance premium increasing or both. Where do they chuck this increased cost onto? The average consumer, whether or not they are going to beat the car up or not. So everybody pays for the few people who want to wreck the fun for everyone.
Isn't that the story of life?

And don't say that this scenario is unrealistic, because my dad has been person B before. We were up in Queensland overnight once, and our rental car's handbrake literally snapped. Turns out somebody had been trying to do handbrake turns (or so they think- damage was too severe to be from normal use of the handbrake) in a Toyota Corolla (of all things) and the damage had mounted up over time until it failed and the car nearly rolled into another one behind us at a set of lights with all of my family in it. We were lucky we didn't get hit with the costs for the repair.
And considering that cars can go 6 month-a year between mechanical checks, it's always a real possibility with other rental cars- we are very wary now and do a quick lookover under the bonnet before we leave the garage.

I've driven every rental car I've had 'normally' as in normal for me. Normal for someone else is different...

Is it right? Of course it isn't...

Am I going to change the way I drive just because its a rental? No

By far the worst I've done in a rental was the Caravan going into reverse, and some excessive speeding.

I didn't do John Force style burnouts in them, I didn't do J-turns in them, I didn't jump curbs with them...

Do I sound like I'm advocating or justifying the miss-use/beating of rental cars just because they're rental cars? Of course I am...

Like no one here ever did anything stupid in either their own cars/parents cars when they were younger...

Granted some people don't grow up and that leads to the thousands of videos on youtube of rental car abuse, but those rentals did ask for it...they are rentals after all :lol:

^ Thing is, I am younger, I don't do anything stupid with my car because it used to be my parent's car. I respect it a lot and am very cautious with it, but that's also becasue I rely on it (and driving, full stop) a lot. And my parent's car is like driving a boat compared to my car, so I don't drive it unless I need space for people. So yeah, I am "weirdo" (ie- very much so the opposite of the sterotype) as far as young drivers go! :D

I have to disagree with you (sorry!) on the fundamentals of "rental cars deserve it" too, becasue I respect all cars on the road, even if they are junkboxes driven by some idiot who cuts me off because I have a big red "P" on the front and back of my car. That's just me, and I think it has to do with the fact I am female (although a lot of not-a-dudes will hate me saying that). I love my car, and I wouldn't ever abuse anybody else's car because I know how I would feel if somebody abused my car in any way.

So that's just my opinion and why I don't think I will be doing burnouts in a rental car anytime soon :lol:.
That and I don't know how to do burnouts.... :o_O:

PS. I apologise if my previous post seemed rude in any way, once again, I was studying a subject I do not like one bit whilst writing it and was in a foul mood. I tend to snap at anybody and everybody when studying- just ask my family!

Ezbok58a, How old are you?

Ezbok58a, How old are you?

Why you ask?

I do commend you on the negative feedback you left me. :)

At least you have the guts to let me know who's leaving it.

Unlike the person who left neg feedback before you :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.