2006 Mazda RX-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of them certainly do suck. I drove a Tiburon with a 4 speed and it was useless... there was no reason at all to use the manual mode because you could get faster results by pressing the pedal.

You can shift much faster yourself if you know what you are doing.

I do agree with Level everytime I drive a manual I enjoy it much more than letting the car do the shifting.

Well either way as long as you enjoy it its fine. Wanna race? :p

ok, ok, I have an auto, BUT! the car was basically free and I'm ditching it asap cause I cant stand automatics

I am supersecretly destroying my transmission so I can swap it out for a manual :shifty:.
I regularly throw fits in traffic about it being a fake STOP JERKING ME AROUND GOD DAMNIT STAY IN SECOND FFFFFFUUU. Calling a tiptronic as good as a manual is like calling a strap on dildo as good as a penis.

I didn't say it was as good, I just said it was better than straight up auto ;)

Good luck with your mission.

I am supersecretly destroying my transmission so I can swap it out for a manual :shifty:.
I regularly throw fits in traffic about it being a fake STOP JERKING ME AROUND GOD DAMNIT STAY IN SECOND FFFFFFUUU. Calling a tiptronic as good as a manual is like calling a strap on dildo as good as a penis.

Wait, won't VW transmissions destroy themselves naturally? :?

Very nice car. :thumbsup:

What's with all the auto-bashing? If he wants a nice car to cruise around in and not race everywhere, a 6-speed auto w/ paddle shift is perfectly fine for those moments when you're feeling childish. Plus, it will make the engine rev less and save gas.

There's nothing wrong with auto sports cars if thei're meant for cruising and not racing (unless they're down on power to begin with).

Last edited:
If he wants a nice car to cruise around in and not race everywhere

... then he should get a luxury sedan, not a sports coupe

a 6-speed auto w/ paddle shift is perfectly fine for those moments when you're feeling childish.

No. No it is not.

Plus, it will make the engine rev less and save gas.

And that ties into spirited driving how exactly? Besides, we're talking about a rotary here and they love gas!

There's nothing wrong with auto sports cars if thei're meant for cruising and not racing

If it's meant for crusing and not racing, then its not a sports car.

(unless they're down on power to begin with).

The RX8 is down on power. The automatic RX8 is even more down on power.

You, sir, know nothing about sports cars, I'm afraid.

Obviously my car is magic because I have SHIFTED INTO PARK WHILE MOVING and it still works fine (that is a rather unpleasant noise). WTF MAGIC CAR! How do you still work!

Shifting into reverse while moving should do it for you.

Shifting into reverse while moving should do it for you.

Nope! done that too a couple times when reversing into the driveway. Still not broken yet. My car is secretly a toyota hilux obviously because I cannot destroy it.

Drain the oil and drive like an Italian. Should kill most anything.

I only want to kill the transmission not the whole car! I like my car!

That would require me finding out where and tiptronics use some fancy witchcraft.

Shouldn't be too hard just look for the big giant thing next to your engine.

There are many of those in my car.

I've been driving a 2005 VW Jetta 2.5 for the past two days, and the gearbox is shit. Especially in Sport mode, and even more in manual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.