Random Thoughts....

I'll bet his mechanic absolutely LOVED him.

I wouldn't know, but if I knew who his mechanic was he'd be getting a "My sympathies...." card.:mrgreen:

Well technically he could be right. There are tiny explosions happening in the engine all the time.

Go you! I'd bet you'd have the whole tire situation sorted out and finished in <10 minutes. Hardest part (for those of us that drive autos) is remembering to set the e-brake before you jack up. Ohh, watch me shake in my boots at that level of difficulty. Heck tire changing is even in the damn manual. How much easier to people want? (And you should probably give it a go in the driveway once, for shit's sake.)

Ok sorry I edited that so much. Been drinking.
IDK I am a bit klutzy in the manner I dropped a couple allen wrenches in a hole in my car somewhere...:lol:

IDK I am a bit klutzy in the manner I dropped a couple allen wrenches in a hole in my car somewhere...:lol:

If you have a hole in your car big enough to loose your (almost certainly full size) spare in, there may be other problems involved beyond klutziness. :p

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The tire changing phobics are attacking me because it's "dangerous" to do it yourself and I'm "patronizing" for suggesting otherwise .... You people all change your own tires right? And you aren't dying in spades by the side of the road? And your wheels don't suddenly take leave of the axel at random intervals along the highway?

Yep. Changed tyres regularly on an XA Fairmont I had due to picking up endless horse shoe nails from around the horse agistment places I was at. In fact, I think I've changed tyres on all the cars I've owned come to think of it.

Funniest one was coming home from a B&S Ball one Sunday, VERY hungover having drunk vodka all night and I am NOT a vodka drinker. I'm with two other girls, both also a bit the worse for wear (but legally sober). Land Cruiser gets a puncture. We'd also hit a lot of bunnies and a couple of roos on our way out to the Ball the previous afternoon, and there was lots of bits of dead animal through the undercarriage. It took us a while (45 minutes or so) to get the whole thing sorted out (and it doesn't help when the tire iron is a useless piece of L shaped shit). Meanwhile, about 1000 cars had passed with others leaving the Ball, and only one guy stopped. Just in time to double check that the wheel nuts were done up tightly enough (which they were of course, and I'm fairly sure my deceased grandmother could have beaten him in an arm wrestle), hit on all three of us, and then leave.

If you have a hole in your car big enough to loose your (almost certainly full size) spare in, there may be other problems involved beyond klutziness. :p

I can drop it under the car and accidentally knock the jack down, that might do it :lol:

my dad, despite not having watched a single minute of TG ever instantly knew the meaning of getting a ?crisis? which can only mean one thing: there is other TG watcher in honduras i'm not alone :p

on a unrelated note, my sister (which, thanks to the generous suggestion by katwalk will be called ?generic fangirl? from now on) it's still making me look good on my parents eyes.

So I was on facebook looking (not stalking or creeping) just seeing what old teamates from hockey spend their money on in the summer, I found out they went to a concert/fest thing, people wearing cowboy hats for some country band.

But thats not the wierd thing, I noticed where they were by the picket fence in a picture in the yard of the hotel...which is where my baseball team used to stay for tournaments and play ping-pong near the pool...

I hate people sometimes...argh.

Have you ever had those days where you just don't want to deal with people?

And this started out a good day...mmph. >.<

Egh. I hate getting lectures and generally being told what's right and wrong by my younger sister. Its annoying, and also doesn't make sense. I'm supposed to lecture her. <_<

Also, I don't know how to do spoiler tags so this next bit contains womanly things.

Got into a long discussion about birth control today. Now I have to tell my parents I'd like to go on it and I must tell them one of three things: "Mom, dad, I'm sleeping with two guys and I'd appreciate it if you put me on birth control." "Mom, dad, I've got a boyfriend now and I want to go on birth control just to be safe." "Mom, dad, I'm at the age now where I might start seeing guys and I think you should put me on birth control just in case I start doing stuff." Its either that, or have my friend Faye (who's helping me do all this) talk to them. In which case its going to be hilarious. And I really can't wait to see my parents' reaction. What's the worst they can do? Say no? Kick me out? :lol:

^ claim it's to help with cramps/other issues to do with that- that's how I ended up on the pill :blink:

EDIT: did I just write that????
I'm more asleep than I thought :o_O:

You know, fuck the pill. Fuck all hormonal birth control. I've been on a few since 18/19, and yes it's nice to not have to worry about a condom breaking, but no thank you to the side effects: weight gain, not feeling 100% myself, feeling depressed for no reason, etc. The thing I hate is that all doctors say that you don't gain weight if you are on BC... uhm, yes you do, it might not be 10+ pounds, but you will gain weight and good luck shedding those pounds afterwards. Heck, I was on the NuvaRing for two months earlier this year, as soon as I stopped I honestly was suicidal for no reason. Thoughts of driving off a cliff, sharp knives, etc. didn't scare me a bit which usually do since suicide is a crappy way out, that and I don't want to leave my pup alone without me :3

So I looked up on WebMD about NuvaRing, guess what? A LOT of women have reported the same things if not worse symptoms, yet when I told my gyno about them she said I should see a psychiatrist since it "wasn't related to the ring"... right... when I first went to her the first method she blurted out was the NuvaRing, methinks she gets a kickback even though that is a no-no.

If anything, look in to the Mirena or copper T. Mirena does use hormones but it's much less than what oral contraceptives have in them. The Copper T is good but you'd need to find out if you're allergic to it or not. Thing is, the doc might not want to give it to you since you're supposed to have a kid first (bigger uterus) but you CAN get one, you just have to fight with them to get it or find a willing doctor. Planned Parenthood will give you one but you will have to pay out of pocket since they don't accept insurance period.

[edit]
Also, you're old enough where you (icedlove) should be able to talk to your parents about this without being weirded out or sheepish. Yea it'll be weird to talk about it, but getting a friend to do it for you (or help) is really... honestly, lame. It's like having Jane tell Timmy that you like him because you can't do it yourself. Cojones, grow some :)

Sorry for the rant o.o;

[edit]
They still sell those in the UK? They were all recalled and taken off he market in the US decades ago. Seems they were being inserted and disappearing completely when it came time to remove. (They were called Norplant in the US if you're into google-fu. I'm not.) Maybe this is some new and improved version, but I wouldn't get attached to the idea without research. Other options include an IUD (which you almost certainly won't be given at your age as there is a small risk of permanent infertility), the patch, the ring, and depoprevera (shot). You're right that you have to be religious about the pill. All the methods are different in how they work and have sometimes significant health consequences that need to be considered by your doctor.

I don't know squat about international insurance. I just know here that BC is only paid for by insurance when it's for medical purposes like fibroids or endometerosis.

Patch isn't sold anymore, to my knowledge, and those who did Depo had severe side effects to the point that it was pulled and is no longer offered. The ring also has a lawsuit against it for various side effects that weren't disclosed or weren't known at the time. Most of the "good" contraceptives are the oral ones, but if honestly can't remember to take the pill then you're not ready for it. If you have a phone, set an alarm for when to take it or, better yet, take it at breakfast, lunch or even dinner! What a great idea for not forgetting!

Oh, and there are condoms out there that are thin material to the point you can feel.. him but not as good as without one. I think they're called Kimono.. not sure, I can find out though :tease:

Last edited:
^I'm in the miserable situation that I have to be on the pill or I get 2 week super periods of massive curled up in the fetal position crying agony. So I can be fucked emotionally or fucked physically.

^ In those cases, it is worth being on them. Since you've been to the doctors a lot it seems, have you ever had a gyno do blood work on you and see if you're out of balance with vitamins or something else?

I really do hate how our society has become almost dependent on taking pills to cope with what we do to ourselves concerning food processing (HFCS hello?), pollution, etc. Have depression? Here, take this pill which may cause anal bleeding, funny colored pee, suicidal thoughts and headaches! :thumbsup:

^ In those cases, it is worth being on them. Since you've been to the doctors a lot it seems, have you ever had a gyno do blood work on you and see if you're out of balance with vitamins or something else?

I really do hate how our society has become almost dependent on taking pills to cope with what we do to ourselves concerning food processing (HFCS hello?), pollution, etc. Have depression? Here, take this pill which may cause anal bleeding, funny colored pee, suicidal thoughts and headaches! :thumbsup:

Hormone imbalance, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome to be specific. There is no other real treatment other than birth control pills :( The alternatives are much more scary then massive mood swings.

Ugh, yea, my sis has that thanks to Depo she had years ago :( :hug:

So yea, home now and what a shitty experience that was. Friday I was to leave Boston at 4:40pm but there was a storm headed to Boston, flight was delayed two hours and because of that my flight out of Houston to get me home left without me so I had to fly to LAX (~1hr away from home) and then my mom tell me she didn't want to come get me and she'd rather I take a super shuttle/prime time (a taxi in the form of a van) but luckily I was able to get a friend in the area to agree to pick me up. Then when I got to Houston I had to get a new flight home; they tried to put me on one that would leave at 9:15 AM CT and get to my local airport (SNA) around.. 11am or so PST time to which I said "fuck you, I want to get home now." which is when they put me on the flight to LAX in an hour (I got in to Houston at.. 11pm). The idiots then forgot about my luggage which wasn't put on the flight to LAX, had to wait in line for a good 20 minutes while my friend was waiting, and I got home around 4:30am PST. After I woke up this morning (5hrs of sleep yay..) had to run to another Chiro appointment, waited for someone from the airlines to call me, no call so I called them and turns out my bag had been placed on the later flight to SNA afterall and had been there for over 4 hours! Fuckers! I hate having to be the one tracking things down when they, the company, should be contacting me as soon as they fucking get it.

This is why I'm in a pissy mood, if no one could tell by my recent posts today :tease: Plus, it seems someone who promised to send back a 2GB usb stick two weeks ago still hasn't sent it back to me even though he assured me he would. What the fuck dude? Get off your lazy fucking ass and do it. You say you're going to do something, then do it.

Btw, I loved Boston :love: :wub:

I'm watching Michio Kaku's shows atm.

Damn they're interesting. Reminds me why I had, at one point, considered going into a physics degree.

I cannot get that Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat song out of my head.

My god, I bloody hate that one. It's so violently, hideously sick-inducingly over the top (complete with sugar coating, sprinkles and a large cherry) suh-weeeeet. I feel like the only reason it was created was out of sheer spite to see if they could actually get people to throw up.
:puke:

I may be one of a handful of straight men who enjoy them, but I really enjoying tonight the Keane album Under The Iron Sea, especially the opening song, Atlantic.

:thumbup: I'm with ya!

Last edited:
My god, I bloody hate that one. It's so violently, hideously sick-inducingly over the top (complete with sugar coating, sprinkles and a large cherry) suh-weeeeet. I feel like the only reason it was created was out of sheer spite to see if they could actually get people to throw up.
:puke:

:thumbup: I'm with ya!

Agreed on both counts.