Stumpy's: MazdaSpeed Miata

Forced induction.

There are mods you can do to fit better. 1 is put the top down, the others are swapping the seat out for a racing seat, trimming the foam on the factory seat, moving the mounts and doing all of the above.

I've met the owner of 949racing a few times, the man is 6'5" and about the same weight and fits in one surprisingly well. Though he has a racing seat bolted to the floor as far back and as low as possible.

I guess your user name is no coincidence then? :lol:

/\ :lol: Really nice car though. It must be a blast to drive. Is the Mazda your daily driver?

Small update:

Got a New Shift boot from RedLineGoods.com.

Before: Poor stock shift boot does not have Red Stitching.

RedStitchingBefore.jpg

Close up shows it is cracking... so sad... :cry:

RedStitchingCracking.jpg

Ten minutes later... after a quick swap. RED STITCHING!

RedStitchingAfter.jpg

Now my interior is complete!

RedStitchingDone.jpg

^That actually looks very nice, the red stitching on everything is a nice little detail.

I always loved the look and feel of MSM seats. I just don't like the idea of leather in an open top car during summer.

I always loved the look and feel of MSM seats. I just don't like the idea of leather in an open top car during summer.

If the top is power shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm liking alcantara lately looks nice and doesn't let your ass slip like leather.

Yep it burns, but so does all leather in the summer. I don't leave it sitting outside with the top down though. The top is only down when I am driving it. :cool:

That actually looks pretty frikkin' awesome!

Great looking car! Just a note though: Titanium MSM is considered to be the cursed colour. Apparently it really blends into the road, leading people to merge into them more than other cars.

Also, budget to snow tires if you're driving it in cold/wet/snow. Got a hardtop?

_MG_0035.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, awesome Miata EVER!!! Love that color, love the bumpers, love the wheels. Can I take it for a ride, please? :D

Great looking car! Just a note though: Titanium MSM is considered to be the cursed colour. Apparently it really blends into the road, leading people to merge into them more than other cars.

Also, budget to snow tires if you're driving it in cold/wet/snow. Got a hardtop?

Yes, my car is cursed. I have had a LOT of issues since I have bought it, but I still love it. It is true people don't see me, but that also might be because it is such a small, low car.

I live in Chicago, so I WILL be getting snow tires. I want a hardtop too, but that is not in the budget right now.

Here are some updated pictures: (Mod list can be found in my sig)

LastDaysOfWinter42.jpg

LastDaysOfWinter49.jpg

MSMEngine5.jpg

LastDaysOfWinter36.jpg

LastDaysOfWinter52.jpg

LastDaysOfWinter24.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
Actually that's where the boost gauge goes on all Mazdaspeed MX-5's. Classy.

EDIT: Looking back, i can see it didn't had that boost gauge. A strange thing, i saw another Mazdaspeed with it in exactly the same place on eBay.

Last edited:
It's extremely common to replace the vents with gauges. They are a great spot both for line of sight and are practically cut perfectly for them.