Whale wars: Watch Eco-pussies attack japanese whalers, and fail hilariously

Wow they didn't accomplish a damn thing this season, except maliciously ram a ship. How is he not held accountable for his actions?

Because he's in his boat, SAVIN' DA WAYLES.

I get confused when the crew react dumbfounded to the whaling ships acting hostile in response to their hostility, as if they're the victims.

1) My ass they don't throw at crew. During the whole ramming bit they're throwing directly down on to the heads of the whaling crew from the bow of the Steve Irwin.
2) 'They moved in front of us and we collided'. Sure, if you completely discount that hard to starboard move that Paul Watson makes at the helm.

Please tell me the Ozzie's arrested them?

The tapes they confiscated make it pretty plain.

I was glad that the police where there when they returned to port. Saving whales...ha...the last part of this series was nothing but whales dying infront of them. If I worked like that at my job I would be fired on the spot.

I just saw the episode where 2 guys board one of the japanese ships (Yashiou Muri?), and are not immediately allowed to leave the ship. The SteVe Irwin hempheads call it kidnapping. I lol'd

I'm pretty impressed that the captain of the Steve Irwin sent them there thinking that they would not return.
I'm also impressed that they tried to cripple the japanese boat in such harsh waters, not very humane.
I'm also impressed at how much their helicopter pilot wants hours. Can't be good pay, and he must trust the engine of that Hughes 300 pretty much to be flying over water for such a long time.

Much better show than "Deadly Catch"

Considering the incident took place in February of this year....

I'm Norwegian. Which means I come from the country where you can buy t-shirts with "We kill whales 4 fun", the only country where Greenpeace can have a leader who's in favor of hunting whales and seals (Bj?rn ?kern, leader in the early 90s, interesting guy), the country where eating whale meat is normal (it's quite nice, as long as you get a good piece) and I'm really in favor of whaling. It's not proven to endanger the species. So I've got no problem with it. We're probably the country where "Whale Wars" on Discovery has the lowest ratings... in the world.

But please don't ridicule these guys. They might be crazed environmentalists (and the commercials for that show is ridiculous "these guys are out to call their bluff", wtf..), but they do what they do because they fervantly believe in it. They believe it's something they must do, that's why they are (after all) risking life and lim in the fight.

Disagree with them. But don't ridicule them.

They're not eco-pussies. Name-calling is childish.

Disagree with them. But don't ridicule them.
I take it you haven't watched the show?

I broadly agree with their view on whaling, but the way they go about it is unbelievable... and I don't mean "I can't believe they'd ram a ship", I mean "I can't believe they even found the whaling fleet".

I have watched the show. Admittedly, I was drinking at the time, but I'm pretty observant while drunk, so that's no biggy.

But I still think one should show them some decency and respect. :)

Greenpeace I'll respect. The ACLU I'll respect. The people who stand in front of Israeli tanks, even them I'll respect. Anti-war protesters, yep, I'll respect them. *uck, even idiot *** Cindy Sheehan.

These guys? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH. Them and Code Pink. You just can not take these people seriously.

I'm all with Nomix. What they do may be stupid and illegal, and they might have no clue how to do it properly. But I wouldn't call anyone who takes these extremely demanding lengths to fight for his and her beliefs a pussy.

But I still think one should show them some decency and respect. :)

While I can understand where you're coming from, I have to say that it has been proven that the so-called Captain is a liar, a hypocrite and personally profits from this farce. That would be enough for me to show him no respect but the fact that he puts the lives of innocent, hard-working Japanese sailors as well as his own crew at risk puts the issue beyond all doubt.

Paul Watson deserves no respect and by association, neither does his crew.

A Japanese acquaintance happened to ask me how I felt about eating whale meat the other day cos she was going out to a restaurant that served it. I think she got more than she bargained for with my subsequent monologue. :?

I really don't care, they're not eco-pussies. I don't like Paul Watson, but I wouldn't wan't to call him a pussy in his face.

The problem with the internet, no one respects no one.

:p