Materials question

Yeah, I thought of something like that as well. I'm sad to say, I can't answer the question directly as it would give too much away with what I'm thinking about. It and salt are what I've been thinking. Possibly, if pressed together enough, the item would be dense enough to withstand what would it have to endure for only that second it was used....

Hmmm. I also need it to appear as natural as possible in testing. Say you have a tile of it and throw it in water. It dissolves in a minute or two. When the water is tested, it's shows that something is foreign to the water, but, nothing abnormal either. If it were a salt, the water would simply have a high concentrationof sodium.

I've still no idea what you want to use the material for, but could you use ice as the material? It'll melt in water (duh), show no traces, and can be fairly strong, depending on how thick you make it.

Should I contact Homeland Security?

From the dissolvo website:

Security Items
Dissolvo can be used for any self-destruct need. Also, because the material is non-toxic, it can be used for 'on-skin' uses. Also, a temporary identification sticker could be utilized many ways.

Yes, I think you should make that call.

Rubidium. That'll disolve nicely in water and be plenty strong. :shifty:

There are certain plastics made from soy that will dissolve in water.