Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Yeah, I can't play any game that's mouse-intensive with a trackpad. It just doesn't work.

Bought the new MuteMath and Third Eye Blind albums today. Both are pretty good. I got a vinyl of MuteMath now I have to get something to play it on. :p

Now someone correct me If I'm wrong but shouldn't it be pretty easy to put a home Cd player in a car?

RCA%20RS2130i%20Bookshelf%20System%20with%20iPod%20Dock.jpg

EDIT- probably just the speakers now that I think of it

Last edited:
You can hook the speakers up just like any car speakers.

Well It looks like I found a way to get free good sound in my thunderbird without rattling the door panels out. I'll seriously be doing this soon.

Remember when AVG was good? Now it's just a greedy, memory eating bastard.

lolwut? I have it running now my measly netbook, and it's using a whopping 15 MB of memory, while using exactly 0% of CPU time

Well It looks like I found a way to get free good sound in my thunderbird without rattling the door panels out. I'll seriously be doing this soon.

The door plastics in my Truck are so cheap a different bit rattles depending on the pitch of the bass :lol:

Well that worked perfectly. I just wired them up and sent all the sound to the rear speakers, I feel like Xzibit now.

and something I laughed at, the rear passenger speaker was cracked in one corner from overtightening. Damn UAW.

Quick question of opinion.

I'm looking at new speakers. We already have an amp that is 380W. I am looking at 2 sets of speakers - but if you know of something else in this pricerange, do suggest :p

Hyundai LB776
1559_main_01.jpg

?59.90
2x 180W

Beng LB4707
1503_main_01.jpg

?49.90
2x 200W

The second ones are also factory rejects and the site says they 'may have marks on them' but its only superficial.

My opinion is that the second ones would be less stable than the others (not really a problem), but won't look as nice as the others. However they do have a built in subwoofer, whereas I don't believe the first ones do.

They're both listed on http://hifi-tower.co.uk/, but that doesn't support direct linking, so yeah.

^ Ah, I did not know about that thread. Thanks.

I posted this in the normal random thoughts, when it shoulda gone here...

For the UK peeps, 'North Sea Hijack' is on 5 tonight at 8PM.

Presumably because it was assumed that American audiences might not know where the North Sea was, this action caper was retitled ffolkes for the US market. In view of the age of the stars, they might have gone the whole hog and titled it Old Ffolkes Home. Roger Moore is the frogman hero, James Mason is an admiral and Anthony Perkins is, as usual, demented and planning to hijack a North Sea oil rig. It's sub-Bond, sub-Frederick Forsyth, even sub-Alistair MacLean, and tailored to the UK market by cashing in on Britain's oil bonanza and by casting Faith Brook as the resident of 10 Downing Street. In a word, ffeeble.

Moore once said in an interview that he preferred this film to all the James Bond movies he had starred in.

Top Gear related question, dont want to make a thread about it...

I'm making the Season 13 banner for the site (site/shows/topgear) and i have only 10 slots but whittled down to 11 segments so far, help me knock one out:

Original 13 segments i chose:

'49 race, Europa, 17 y/o's cars, Lambo SV, SL Black, Cheap and Cheery cars, Panamera, Evo vs army, RWD cars, Z4, Auction Car race, Bathurst Holden, AMV12

11 i'm down to:

'49 race, Europa, 17 y/o's cars, Lambo SV, SL Black, Panamera, Evo vs army, RWD cars, Z4, Bathurst Holden, AMV12

i took out two cheap car challenges because i didnt feel they were that great or challengey enough, but now i need to remove one more and i want to keep all current challenges.

Help!

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]VyYfOoq5wOE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]W4oiy_JEXos[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait!!!

Man, The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is a dark, and brilliant film.

And no, I was not expecting it to be a cheerful film, but I wasn't really expecting that ending.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit iffy on NCIS: LA, but it does gain some points for its casting of Edna Mode:

[YOUTUBE]SbJLx2yzT58[/YOUTUBE]

Sometimes when I download an episode of some tv series or something, the downloaded archive contains ~30 smaller split rar files and these contain the avi file. What reason is there to do this? Compressing an already compressed file is no good because it'll end up being almost the same size. Error-correction-wise it's useless because you need all the smaller rar files to be intact to extract the avi and you can't download only one of the smaller ones, only the whole big rar. So what's the point? Someone sitting in front of his pc going "yo dawg, we herd you like archives, so we put archives in your archives so you can decompress while you decompress..."?

Sometimes when I download an episode of some tv series or something, the downloaded archive contains ~30 smaller split rar files and these contain the avi file. What reason is there to do this? Compressing an already compressed file is no good because it'll end up being almost the same size. Error-correction-wise it's useless because you need all the smaller rar files to be intact to extract the avi and you can't download only one of the smaller ones, only the whole big rar. So what's the point? Someone sitting in front of his pc going "yo dawg, we herd you like archives, so we put archives in your archives so you can decompress while you decompress..."?

I think that this hides the true identity of the data you're downloading from the ISP. Mind you, it does make seeding difficult if you get it via BitTorrent, because people generally unzip the archive and then discard it.

Damn Photobucket. They just halved my storage space down to 500 MB.

Helooooo, Imageshack!