DiRT 2

Looks like the cars in the demo (including the ones that are locked) are all the final game is going to have....what a let down...:(

So no hill climb cars.

I may still buy it if it has pikes peak, but if it doesn't I don't think I will.

Last edited:
I'd buy it just for the baja stuff. Hope it has several tracks though.

So no hill climb cars.

I may still buy it if it has pikes peak, but if it doesn't I don't think I will.

Doesn't look like Hill Climb events or Pikes Peak will be in the game at all, which is a shame because they were quite good fun in the last game.

Is the X Games track in this? Would be a lot of fun online if it is.

Doesn't look like Hill Climb events or Pikes Peak will be in the game at all, which is a shame because they were quite good fun in the last game.

:mad:

Is the X Games track in this? Would be a lot of fun online if it is.

I heard in one of the video interviews with Codies that the final event in career mode will be the X Games.

I agree about the Hill Climbs. They really should be in this game.

I wish September 9th would get here already. I love the demo, but I'm ready for some new tracks!

I wish September 9th would get here already. I love the demo, but I'm ready for some new tracks!

I wish December would get here already so they can actually release the game rather than this console vaporware.

/covers ears and sings to self
This game doesn't actually exist until a PC release
/sticks head in sand until December

I wish December would get here already so they can actually release the game rather than this console vaporware.

/covers ears and sings to self
This game doesn't actually exist until a PC release
/sticks head in sand until December

Yeah but its too bad it wont be nearly as good on a pc as most racing games for pc are since its not a true sim. Somehow I bet my G25 would just feel unresponsive or like I'm on ice with this game which is unfortunate.

You just have to take it for what it is. More of a gamepad game than a racing wheel game.

It's a nice mixture of arcade and sim, but it's definitely not full on arcade. Some of my friends who are accustomed to Burnout and NFS have trouble even getting through the first few corners of Morocco without crashing horribly :lol:

I'm not really looking for any advantages in gameplay over the consoles, it's just that it will look better on my PC than on a console (no giant HDTV here).

Plus it's a lot easier to download a PC game than it is to burn a 360 DL disc. Although I may end up doing that if I keep reading about everybody enjoying the game so much :p

It's a nice mixture of arcade and sim, but it's definitely not full on arcade. Some of my friends who are accustomed to Burnout and NFS have trouble even getting through the first few corners of Morocco without crashing horribly :lol:

yeah, same issue I have... not really sim, not really arcade, but just enough of each to horribly fuck with your gaming...:lol:

I was absolutely terrible at both the trophy trucks and the morroco track...yeesh...

For that reason alone I'm not too sure on this one now...

^^^ I actually love it the way it is. Perfect blend of arcade and sim for me. It definitely leans more towards the sim side than DiRT 1 did.

BTW, I'm surprised Viper hasn't chimed in on this thread in awhile. I know he was really looking forward to this one too.

Last edited:
^^^ I actually love it the way it is. Perfect blend of arcade and sim for me. It definitely leans more towards the sim side than DiRT 1 did.

BTW, I'm surprised Viper hasn't chimed in on this thread in awhile. I know he was really looking forward to this one too.

I'd probably need more time with it to actually get used to it...it was just very, very odd at first...

And I still don't like the rallying parts of it at all (Morroco was frickin' boring when I wasn't cartwheeling through the landscape...)