Random Thoughts....

I've never used Vista, not at home because I can't be arsed, and not at work because they can't be arsed either apparently.

Besides, I can beat your crappy laptop : Beware my Intel Pentium M processor delivering 1.89 Ghz of speed, with a whopping 1GB of RAM!

That's nothing compared to a company I worked for a couple of years ago though, they were using Pentium IIs running Win95... in 2005.
Also, no email, no internet...

Well, sure, my own netbook is less powerful too, but you don't see me trying to do tech support on that! At least I get a docking station. Dual monitors ftw.

When I worked at Target, the cash registers had 133 Mhz Pentiums and probably a 5 inch CRT black and white screen running Windows XP Embedded.

trying not to scratch my eyes out arghhh itchy itchy

i quite like XP because it's awesome. besides my desktop is 6 years old, and my laptop has 1GB of RAM and i can't be bother to upgrade when windows 7 is right around the corner

When I worked at Target, the cash registers had 133 Mhz Pentiums and probably a 5 inch CRT black and white screen running Windows XP Embedded.

Why does a cash register even need to run Windows?

If an article in Glamour magazine is undermining your confidence, then you must not have been very confident in the first place. What if you found out that though you wear a size 12, in fact you are closer to a 16 or even higher? Would you consider yourself closer to being plus sized because the label says so?

:lol:

That article and video isn't undermining my confidence at all. You obviously missed the point of my rant. :rolleyes:

Picture2.png

Uhm, methinks you missed a letter there.

I don't get all the fuss about that model... She looks fine if you ask me.

IMO all that BMI bullcrap needs to go. it doesn't take into account your build, and it conveniently forgets that muscle actually weighs more than fat. so if you're really tall and really muscular, your BMI will be quite high, even if you're SUPER fit

FYI my BMI is around 28ish and I don't care.

No, it has NOTHING to do with the model, just the sizes they're now saying are "over weight" and "plus size".

:hammer:

Why does a cash register even need to run Windows?
It doesn't. We had a fun time trying to get the thing to boot to desktop instead of automatically running the Target register software. Never were successful though.

We need manly stuff NOW

monster-truck4.jpg

:lol:

That article and video isn't undermining my confidence at all. You obviously missed the point of my rant. :rolleyes:
The point of your rant was this

What the fuck, seriously. They're calling women who wear size 12 to 14 sized pants, shorts or skirts PLUS SIZED? What the FUCK?!

Just watched a video that was posted on MSNBC which I guess was on the Today show where a 20 year old (who doesn't look that young) did a photoshoot with Glamour magazine without airbrushing it. I would share the link but I don't know how for non-YouTube. Not sure what the back story is on that photoshoot, but the fact that they are now calling women who wear size 12-14 plus size instead of average! Even in their damned video they had a commentator state that the average woman now wears a size 12-14!! That is NOT fat!

I'm a size 12, I am by no means fat or unhealthy because of it. Sure I have a bit of a tummy but I always have and I also have slightly wider hips than most girls*. I do have self-image problems every now and then when I get glossed over for a twiggy girl with no curves. This is why I go on and on about my curves, I love them, I just wish I could find someone to love them too :lol: In the past I have, but I dumped his ass :|

I think I'm going to track down the magazine Glamour and write them a scathing letter on how dare they call a size 12-14 woman PLUS size. Argh.

You're just mad that your size is now considered plus sized.

Coming soon!

Family business, Part Deux:

Things just took a massive turn for the worse.

Can't be bothered to elaborate more, but things are fucked up.

I'm sad because "Reading Rainbow" has been canceled after 26 years on PBS:(. When I was little I used to love that show...here is what NPR had to say.

NPR said:
Each episode of Reading Rainbow had the same basic elements: There was a featured children?s book that inspired an adventure with Burton. Then, at the end of every show, kids gave their own book reviews, always prefaced by Burton?s trademark line: ?But you don?t have to take my word for it ??

The show?s run is ending? because no one ? not the station, not PBS, not the Corporation for Public Broadcasting ? will put up the several hundred thousand dollars needed to renew the show?s broadcast rights.

Also here is the credits for posterity.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs[/YOUTUBE]

Reading Rainbow was one of the best shows ever. I'm sad to see it go.

You're just mad that your size is now considered plus sized.
Meh, probably so, 12+ is probably my favourite size for a girl anyway, skninny birds are over rated.

I hate cooking, I'm partialy colourblind and pink meat looks grey to me... as does cooked meat. As a result I have cremate all my food to make sure I don't give my-self food poisoning. :(

As it's shirt contest time, I was searching through my old computer I found one of my old alternate designs from last years shirt competition and laughed as I completely forgot about making it.
http://img42.imageshack.**/img42/6237/wipers.jpg

I'm facing a serious dilemma...

Do I spend $150 to go see AC/DC in October? Is it worth it?

...or do I save the money, stay home and study for my GRE?

IMHO no single band is worth more than 60 eur for a concert, especially for seats. Not to mention that Brian Johnson's voice makes my ears bleed after 3 songs, let alone a whole gig.

Mmmmmmm....oreos.

Some one said sandwiches. :?
Now make me some