Segments cut out of TG series 13 on SBS

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Monday 31st August marked a momentous occasion. It was the day Top Gear UK again graced Australian screens.

Unfortunately, our celebrations are short lived. The BBC/SBS administration felt the need to remove enormous chunks of programme to place in their decadent capatalist commercials. Anyway, enough with the trade union-esque banter.

In previous seasons, only the news was cut out of the programme. Now, they cut out entire segments. The Lotus Evora was never mentioned in the programme despite the description, written by SBS, appeared in TV guides with the first sentence reading "Jeremy takes a spin in a Lotus Evora..."

On a lighter note though, brilliant to see it back on TV, and without any music edits as far as I have noticed. Let us see how they have amputated the rest of the series.

What is everyone elses views on this?

^ was the news in it though? I didn't see the first half hour because my dad insisted on watching the butter-fingers fest that was the Knights v. Raiders game.

EDIT: It may also be because it was originally 1hr 5 mins on BBC2, as the race made it run a bit longer. It may have been more viable to cut out that segment than the news and other small bits. The fact that SIARPC was pretty significant this time would contribute too.

Last edited:
Top Gear on SBS is better considered a sampler than a full fat program. As long as "illegal" downloads offer a vastly superior product to "legitimate" outlets the spirit of Pirate Bay will live on.

I haven't bought a DVD for 2 or 3 years now. I stopped when I got sick of being forced to endure some insulting bullshit about "pirated DVDs funding Osama bin Laden's dialysis machine" before every movie. I refuse to pay to watch that sort of rubbish.

"pirated DVDs funding Osama bin Laden's dialysis machine"

Ha!:lol: True, I downloaded all series 13 anyway, but it is simply annyoing to see (or not see) parts cut out. Its not so bad when it doesn't effect the continuity, but in episodes like the America special, where parts are cut out and suddenly there is a shower in the Camaro, I wonder how many people watching that thought "WTF, where did that come from?"

Last edited: