My 'New' Skoda Superb

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
well, after trawling auto trader for months.... looking at all kinds of cars, octavias, A4's, passats, golfs, renault megane, mondeos, focus's you name it i end up buying a car i nearly didnt even bother going to see.

i didnt have long to buy, around 10 days or so, and every car we went to see seemed to be getting successively worse and worse. the last octavia we seen was a red estate and that thing was in very poor condition...not at all worth the ?2250 asking price.

so i went to see this on a whim, talked the man down a couple of hundred quid and said ill have it. its not in perfect nick, but what 6 year old motorway muncher will be?

anyway i got this for ?3200, its done 116k, has full skoda service history, just had new tyres n brakes and its mildly tuned to 160bhp so overall im very happy with it. and before anyone asks....yes i am 23, not 56. guess people will get a shock when they see a young guy driving it.

i know some people are gonna lambast me, moan about my choice of car, call me an old man or tell me i paid too much (tho according to parkers guide it should of been over ?4k). thats fine, i dont really give a rats what people think... im happy with it, thats all that matters.

pics

3892511034_e2c9852154_o.jpg

3891724499_9892b8ef75_o.jpg

3891725619_06e5df791d_o.jpg

3891725413_eaa5c1e135_o.jpg

3892511174_5d3010ae5b_o.jpg

3892511660_0d314f53af_o.jpg

sorry the photos are a bit duff, im off to newcastle shortly... ill be giving it a proper wash an some T-Cut tomorrow so will take better pictures then.

Wow, looks nice, I hope for you that it doesn't suffer the typical Volkswagen AG fate and explode, cause it looks real nice to waft in.

I've always loved that Skoda, even thought it looks like a stretched VW Passat. Nevertheless, it's a great car for your money. Also, that color rocks. ;)

Jetta = Golf
Superb = bigger Passat

I think it's Superb, nice engine too.

That's a nice car, and the only Skoda that I really like. Should be a good buy. :)

3200? :blink:....wow....the cheapest Superb on sale at the moment in Finland has the same 1.9 TDI, 320.000km/200.000 miles.....9500?. The next one is almost 12.000? !

As for the car, I like it, always have. Got to sit in the back of those once; it's enormous !! I know the rear legroom always was the main selling point on these, but you could really get lost in there.

Last edited:
no its FWD
its a shame that now rwd saloons are just bmw merc and stuff like that :(

Oh well. I just noticed that the engine position almost makes it look RWD or AWD. But I had an old VW Fox that was like that too.

Oh well. I just noticed that the engine position almost makes it look RWD or AWD. But I had an old VW Fox that was like that too.

mabie it has awd option i duno

yeah engine straight like in rwd car but its fwd they do that in large sallons like pasat

Looks good, and it is very clean! The Superb is miles ahead of the generation of the Passat it was based on IMO. Excellent colour as well!

That does look very nice and clean. Gotta love post-2000 Skodas. Nice colour, and an extremely nice price, that's a lot of car. I was flicking though the classifieds in the paper and saw cars like this going for ?6000 at dealers and thought the days of nice, reasonably new, reasonably priced used cars was over. I guess it's not then. :)

I've been in Superb taxis before and i must say they are super comfy. It's a nice choice for a cruiser and it's hell of a lot of car for the few english pounds you spent! The milage is high, but cars like this are designed for that these days.