Steven Fry - Common Sense

It's season ten that's on DVD; and the episodes are cut, even though there's slightly more content than the as-aired versions (roughly 50 min/episode, compared to about 42 min/episode for the telly).

Last edited:
There are services like Spotify which is a free and legal way to listen to music. The only catch? Every so often a 30 second advert will play, and there are adverts within the program itself (however, they are unobtrusive). Given the fact that there are literally tens of thousands of songs available, only the most obscure artists/songs won't be available.

That being said, who knows how long such services will stick around? I've been using Spotify since about February this year, still working and I live in the UK...but that still doesn't fill me with confidence.

Moving on slightly, from many services you can buy a track from about 79p, download them with or without DRM (depending on the service)...but even THAT I can find too much for a single track (but then, you the reader might find that acceptable). The real question is just how that 79p is split.

Regards,

Yickle!

Moving on slightly, from many services you can buy a track from about 79p, download them with or without DRM (depending on the service)...but even THAT I can find too much for a single track (but then, you the reader might find that acceptable). The real question is just how that 79p is split.

Regards,

Yickle!
On that basis a CD with 20 songs on it would cost ?15, depending on the songs not many CDs are worth that ammount of money anymore. Then again, I don't buy popular or modern music, so most of it is cheaper for me to buy at a shop on a CD.

Or my really long way round whick is to got to a 2nd hand shop buy a record (a vinyl one, big and black, for those who don't know!) then take it home and record them on to my PC via my USB turntable.
Might not be the best way to get music released post 1990 though...:lol:

its addictive if anything else.

:lol:

Only Stephen Fry could inspire a game that involves shooting chasing police cars in a London taxi and shooting them with dictionaries!

Sorry, delete "money" and replace it with "absurd profit". (In case you hadn't guessed.)

I enjoyed Stephen Fry in "Kingdom" -- I watched the first series on Hulu, but since only the first series is currently available, I had to download the rest.

Of course, as soon as I started watching my downloaded series 2 episodes, I wished I'd just downloaded it from the start; the quality was so much better. :dunno:

I UNDERSTAND WHY THE HAVE TO CHANGE THE MUSIC but I want the FULL LENGTH program! The excuse for not including the entire 59 minute program was that they would have to score the the deleted footage as well. SO SCORE IT DAMN IT, if you expect me to buy it.

I wouldn't even mind if they took the music out and didn't re-score it, as long as everything else was there.

Last edited:
Sorry it's a little OT, just a quick heads up to all the Stephen Fry fans for a new documentary series on endangered animals.

BBC ? Documentary series ?Last Chance To See? presented by Stephen Fry

BBC LCTS Website said:
Stephen Fry and zoologist Mark Carwardine head to the ends of the Earth in search of animals on the edge of extinction, following the route Mark took 20 years ago with the author Douglas Adams.

They set out to discover how the lugubrious Amazonian manatee, a freshwater mammal, has survived the last two decades, but Stephen breaks his arm deep in the Amazon rainforest.

Starts Sunday 6 September 8pm BBC Two, episode one of six.

:)

Watched it, oh how I miss Douglas Adams and oh how I adore Stephen Fry, did you hear him saying sorry & thankyou whilst in agony? :love:

Only posted before because I just caught the trailer late friday and knew nothing of the series. Very interesting first program, hope a few people caught as a result of my OT post, which may otherwise have missed it. :)

(If manatees are like sea cows and taste really yummy, why doesn?t someone farm them? Conservation and burgers = profit)