High water temp on hillclimb runs - Problem at Track Day?

When you do the coolant flush also add a bottle of Redline Water Wetter. I agree with going to a cooler thermostat and a new radiator cap and everything should be fine after that.

Water wetter does not do anything. I have seen a couple of reviews that show that. The only thing it does do(from what I can tell) is lubricate the seals and bearing in your cooling system if you run straight water. Antifreeze already has the lube in it.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/redline-waterwetter®-review/

Alright i'm back... So I went to the track day, and... it was a problem. Thread here: http://forums.finalgear.com/general...-event-in-my-350z-pics-and-vids-inside-38826/

Anyway I had a few people take a guess at what the problem was, and everyone was all over the board on guesses. I've been told to try running with the heater on, and by another person to try running with the A/C on... I tried both, both of which didn't help. The A/C bit may have helped a very slight bit, but I'm not sure. I've been told it could be my radiator isn't big enough to handle cooling the engine and the trans. I've been told my radiator looks a little beatup, and cleaning the bugs and fixing some of the heatsink fins may help... I've been told to run 75% water and 25% antifreeze may help. I've been told I may need to get an aluminium radiator with more cooling capacity. And i've been told i'm pushing too much horsepower, which I said thats unlikely... it's stock and no other cars were having this problem, plenty of which had a lot more power.

So I dunno... i'm going back to my original gut feeling of it being the transmission. I've been looking around and found this "universal" Auto transmission cooler which possibly could help. I have no idea how I would install it though... http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merc...e=355&Product_Code=MMTC-U&Category_Code=10222

I still think its the trans because the engine feels fine, with normal power even when the water temp is way high. Normally a new ECU-controlled engine would get its timing pulled a bit to help prevent damage from overheating. Since the power delivery feels normal and strong, and the A/T locks itself into 4th gear, that tells me the trans or something directly related to the trans is too hot. So what if its the torque converter? That generates a ton of heat... So would a trans cooler even help? Where is the TC? On the trans or at the differential?

Anyone have any more thoughts or ideas?

Did you try changing the thermostat? that would be my first port of call for overheating problems.

Definitely change the thermostat and radiator cap. Are you using 100% antifreeze? In hot conditions (aka no chance of freezing), you want water in there. If I recall correctly antifreeze does not transfer heat as well as water.

Using 100% antifreeze shouldn't be done anyways. Pure ethylene glycol melts at -16?C, while mixing it with water will lower the melting point to under -50?C - as long as you get the ratio right.

It does reduce the surface tension of water though, meaning it increases the flow of water near corners or in tighter spots, e.g. a radiator grill.