Random Thoughts....

I?m trying to convince my grandfather to let me drive the car "to practice"

He?s reluctant, of course :shifty:

(Gold star if you can ID the quote.)

Babylon5Season5.jpg

Now where's my star ?

I had a great day at work. Not only did I find out that I'm going to be teaching my colleagues the joys of Windows 2008 in a 13 evening course (which I get paid for, of course, at 150%), but I also managed to convince one of my clients that a) they need to update their current environment and b) hire the company I work for (and more specifically: ME) to do it.

I have two options here, and I would like a second, external opinion.

Basically gig tickets have all been delivered, and there is a problem. We have 2 groups; one is a set of tickets a mate got, the other a set of tickets I secured.
I originally changed to having one of the mate's tickets because he told us he had standing, and offered them to me and my best mate. They turn out to be on the higher tier to the side [this is the O2 Arena, so it is pretty high up]. The tickets I got (and it was my initiative, not just luck with these), are in the lower tier at the back [again, the O2 doesn't seem that big, so we wouldn't be all that far away at the back].

My choice is to take the mate's ticket and go with them, or take one of my own tickets (which I have in hand), and send someone else up to the other seats (no-one would miss out on going, it's just the positioning).

I'm pretty p'ed off that we were told he got standing, and they turn out to be [potentially IMO] worse seats than what I would have. My only gripe is that I think if I were to move down, my best mate would not come down too (long story short, he is a legend and we are sort of 'gig buddys' too :p) and I would feel like/seem like a bit of a douche. But I am a bit p'ed off about this.

Last edited:
1984 is an epic book. Full recommendation from me. I, on the other hand, must get around to reading Animal Farm sometime in the near future. I'll try to see if I can find it in the library when I get back to school tomorrow.

OK OK, I'll read 1984 next.

But THEN I'm reading F&L :)

You live in Texas! Why didn't you shoot him?

Bad idea...

He's a guy driving a truck in texas......Probably has more guns in there than a small 3de world country :D

Hm...I may have to use the ancient ritual of Eenie Meenie Minie Mo to decide...:p

1984 will make more sense and have more impact if you read it just after Animal farm. Animal Farm shows how to reach a situation like the one in 1984.

1984 is an epic book. Full recommendation from me. I, on the other hand, must get around to reading Animal Farm sometime in the near future. I'll try to see if I can find it in the library when I get back to school tomorrow.

DO IT!

Bad idea...

He's a guy driving a truck in texas......Probably has more guns in there than a small 3de world country :D

Yea, but she only needs one shot to take him out!
I just realized there was a flaw in my plan: If he is dead, he can't move the truck...

You will not regret, it is a brilliant book. Really makes you think, but isn't the most demanding story at the same time :)

The characters are really well developed.

Yeah, Animal Farm was fantastic. It was certainly one of the best books we were required to read in school.

I just realized there was a flaw in my plan: If he is dead, he can't move the truck...
^ This.

I keep coming back to this idea of a hood-mounted bazooka, though. Maybe I need a trunk-mounted rocket launcher to blow people out of the way, too.

</grouchy>, I took more painkillers and got out of class early, so w00t.

Also:

n904680710_1570704_276.jpg

Massive Puffalump collection approves of the bears! :thumbsup:

I loved all the books I read for school

5th class I read The Secret Garden
6th class I read most of Goodnight, Mister Tom (I really didn't expect the way the second half played out :blink:)

1st year, I read The Cay and Buddy.
Then for the Junior Cert I read To Kill A Mockingbird, which is one of the best books written IMHO, and Romeo and Juliet (which isn't a book, I know, but I loved it)

Leaving Cert, I read Othello for my single text, and for my Comparative Study I read How Many Miles to Babylon?, Philadelphia, Here I Come (Play) and watched My Left Foot.

English was fun...except for all the crumby poetry though :(
And we didn't get to study Sylvia Plath :(

I'm going to be teaching my colleagues the joys of Windows 2008 in a 13 evening course
Jesus, I can't even spend 13 minutes logged into a Server 2008 machine, let alone 13 evenings.

I just saw a yellow beetle with about 20 bumper stickers on the back end. Then I got this mental image of Katwalk beating the crap out of the driver for doing that to the car :lol: