Idiocy claims another victim...

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Just got the phone call I didn't want to hear. I left the XJR at one of the local dealers both as a favor to them (they wanted to borrow it to drum up interest in their pre-owned cars section) and to have a routine service performed on it (as I didn't have time this week.)

Well, one of the idiot younger salesmen apparently didn't listen to the manager about 'that car out there is on loan and you are NOT to drive it, ever," somehow cadged the keys and he took it to a late lunch today. And apparently totalled it - seems he had no idea how to drive a car with 455rwhp.

I don't know the details yet, but I am heading over there now to find out what the hell happened. And yes, the salesman has already been fired.

Last edited:
Awww, man that ...
Sorry to here about this, I would be dumbfounded, followed by incandescent.
You seem calm currently!
:(

What. Uh oh. Dallas, we have a problem.

Oh dear. This won't be good for them I can tell. Hopefully it gets settled to your liking.

Awww, man that ...
Sorry to here about this, I would be dumbfounded, followed by incandescent.
You seem calm currently!
:(

I'm saving it up for when I arrive there.

Now, that said, it is an X300 XJR... they did make more of them, and I did 'checkbook' this one. It is replaceable; I can (relatively) easily build another. It's not the end of the world, and I don't need to raise my blood pressure that much. As long as they take care of the problem, I'll be happy.

This is the reason I don't loan out the Series III at all. There are parts on it that are quite literally irreplaceable; and, of course, I am building it myself.

If idiot had wrecked my Series III, I wouldn't be posting about it right now. Local FGers would instead be seeing a report on the local news about a man who went berzerk at a local Jaguar dealership....

Oh, and the now-ex-salesman has been arrested for theft of a motor vehicle; the manager of the dealership called me while I was writing this to let me know.

Last edited:
Damn, you really seem to have bad luck with other people getting a hold of your Jags. :(
It really is a god damn shame, such a fine car, even if you can replace it... if I were you, I think I'd have been dangerously close to doing something stupid involving the firearms collection... :mad:

Last edited:
3cacb2f3.jpg

^how the dealirship will look after spectre is done with it

to be serious though. terribly sorry about you XJR, especially because you seem to love the thing and you won't be able to scare passengers in it (come on, you have done it at least once)

*Note to self* Never lend out your car to a dealership.

Anyways hope you sort it out.

Nooooo, not the X300!!!

So, you get an XFR then, right?

I'm sorry to hear this though, I hope they take care of it the right way. :shakefist:

OH, and I hate to be the one to say this, but....

:threadnopics:

Wait, I got that wrong.
I thought it was that Sportscar Jaaaaaaag:

2003-Jaguar-XKR-Coupe-Black-1280x960.jpg

but it's the big ass limousine.......how on earth do you total that??? It's not the boy racer type of car.....

^exactly, presumably the stupid ass bitch-salesman floored it thinking it was a XJ6 or something

oi....

what a hectic story.

I feel bad for you.

So when will you get your complementary X350 R for them wrecking your car?

Now there is no damned way I will let any local MG dealership get a hold of my car. Shouldn't be too hard to resist.

but it's the big ass limousine.......how on earth do you total that??? It's not the boy racer type of car.....

Because M5s are never totalled?