HSV E2 Series Spy Shots

It came out officially the other day.

(Gallery) http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/A...=65421&GalleryType=1&ReferringArticleID=65420

(Article) http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=65420

(Sample)
HSV_Range_1_600_700.jpg

I'll reserve judgement until I see one in real life, but I'm not loving it - I suspect that they were originally aiming to send this overseas as the GXP

OH GOD NO.

Ahem, I too will wait to see in person, but it does not look promising.

This is fucken hideous, especially the Grange.

What exactly was wrong with the current ones styling wise?

hsv_gts_eseries.jpg

07.holden.grange.340.jpg

What on earth did they do to the Senator? Now it just looks plain stupid with that grill - looks like it was designed by a blind person. No fan of those LED running lights - they just shout "ME TOO GUYS!". I'm massively disappointed, HSVs used to be menacing without being overly too vulgar, now they're reduced it to some stick on bodykits that belong in a Sprint Auto Parts store. Well, at least the GTS is a little more than a special trim level now, although an extra 8kW ain't going to set the world alight.

Great time to buy a used E Series everyone!

Last edited:
HSV, go and stand in corner and have a good, long hard think about what you've done. There's nothing, nothing positive about this change.

Big HSV logo stuck on the senator's grille = FAIL

I have to agree.
When I saw the spy shots I was appalled that HSV would go so far.
But...after sitting on the release website for about an hour sifting my way through the reveal, the design's really grown on me...

It looks a lot better in 3d than it does as a 2d image.
e.g.
http://www.hsv.com.au/hsv/showroom/default.aspx?cID=GTS

Spin the car around a few times.

Having said that, I do wish HSV would just make their cars classy instead of lary. Then the rest of the world wouldn't judge them before driving them and might actually take one over an m3.

Photo's is one thing that HSV seem to have done crap for years and years, i'll wait until I see one in real life until I judge it. If you look in the video's it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the photographs suggest

Last edited:
Who designed those rear bumpers. It's so transformers. lol
R8 front looks ok, GTS no so good.

Trispokes on the GTS - no.no.no.no.no.

The Radioactive wheels are epic. Overall the cars are all over the top, so I like it. I'll never see it in person so my stance will be just that, cool, minus never seeing it in real life.

HSV's lineup must be the absolute most confusing, murky puddle of glop in the entire automotive world. :?

What confusing about the lineup? If it were a MacDonalds menu, it would be

R8: Quarter Pounder
GTS: Quarter Pounder with Cheese
Maloo: Happy Meal
Senator: Angus Burger
Grange: Angus Burger Supersized

What confusing about the lineup? If it were a MacDonalds menu, it would be

R8: Quarter Pounder
GTS: Quarter Pounder with Cheese
Maloo: Happy Meal
Senator: Angus Burger
Grange: Angus Burger Supersized

Mmm I've got a coupon for an Angus Burger at home ... think it'll work?

The back end of the R8 is not bad. The front end f the GTS, however, makes me throw up in my mouth a little. It's like they let a 13 year old boy design it and he went 'ooh, bonnet scoops are cool, put that on! And LEDs! And lots of black!' And it's a fucking mess. And the GTS wheels....*shudder*

It's a shame because without the bonnet scoops and the LEDs the R8 at least looks pretty good.

camsinny said:
Having said that, I do wish HSV would just make their cars classy instead of lary. Then the rest of the world wouldn't judge them before driving them and might actually take one over an m3.

Very true. My dad is in the market for a new car and amongst other things, he's considering an HSV R8. Unless it looks a shitload better in the metal, however, I will kill him before he gets one of these.

Last edited: