No 56k: A Canadians Car

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
Well after my 94 Caravan died while drivingon the highway (lost gears, doesn't engage in a gear over 30kms/h). It would've been over $1000 to get a new gear box so my father decided to look for other things.

He was manly looking at GM crap, from Cavaliers and Sunfires to Bonnevilles and Grand Prix, everything he looked at fell through.

I asked for advice here and people mention Mercedes 190Es. So I went out searching for those, and found a few in bad shape, so searched for 300Es and this is what I found.

The car has 249xxx Kms on it, and has no rust except for a few spots, above a wheel well, a little before the moonroof, tiny bit on the trunk. Everything is easily fixable, if the car lasts for the year I will get the body fixed.

It has original everything, minus breaks, handbrake, stereo. Interior is almost mint, it looks barely used, only thing that is noticable is the clear coat on the wood grain near the shifter is bubbling in a spot, and its nothing bad.
The trunk was litterally never touched until we got it, then my father made it dirty with golf clubs, toilets (new) and a bunch of other crap that now has dirt everywhere.

The paint is orginal, which I might try to get a repaint in the future if cash magically flows my way.

The car costs $3000 plus cert and some repairs. Came with 2 sets of wheels and tires (both same wheels) and 2 sets of headlights, both Bosch one set of which is the Euros (don't know which set).

Edit: Forgot, the 300 is a 92.

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

I figured I'd post my parents cars at the same time. The CTS is the one that is now gone, loved it 10000x more then the new one they got (2009). Sky is the first year it came out, and second one the dealer ever got.

PIC_0239.jpg

PIC_0240.jpg

PIC_0244.jpg

PIC_0357.jpg

PIC_0365.jpg

PIC_0357.jpg

PIC_0357.jpg

PIC_0364.jpg

PIC_0366.jpg

PIC_0368.jpg

PIC00016.jpg

d6ef7646.jpg

9e99b88f.jpg

db23994e.jpg

Please ignore the really crap photos of my parents cars...my dads camera is BRUTAL and my dad refuses to get a new one. The Benz pics are a buddys D80.

Last edited:
Love the Merc!! :D

Have to say if iRacing is anything to go by the Solistic/Sky are very bland cars and I agree the CTS is really cool :p

Love the Merc!! :D

Have to say if iRacing is anything to go by the Solistic/Sky are very bland cars and I agree the CTS is really cool :p

The Sky is nice looking, build terribly, sounds pretty cool, but overall is pretty sun, roof down and music blaring is enjoyable.

Nice Merc ^^

I quite like your parents cars but the center console in the Cadillac is hideous :-D I would love to have one though, I love the CTS (well, to be honest I love the V but whatever... :-D).

Very nice! The Benz looks like it is in very good condition. The interior is immaculate, and the exterior seems fine as well. A venerable find indeed! :)

Nice choice, now you need to improve it in 4 ways:

-Get EU spec headlights.
-Get EU spec smoked taillights.
-Get a new exhaust.
-Get AMG monoblocks.

-Get EU spec headlights.
-Get a new exhaust.
-Get AMG monoblocks.

I thought those were the EU spec headlights, I don't know the difference but the guy said he liked the US ones and we assumed he kept those on.

I like the taillights on this one...but I don't know the difference either.

The exhaust looks bad, but it passed saftey fine and the mechanic said it was fine.

The wheels are a maybe down the road, I saw another 300e for sale with them and it looked really good, but the car was in terrible shape.

Those do look like the EU ones, the US ones were sealed beam units

DSC01089.png

Fantastic looking example, always loved those. Enjoy.

-Get EU spec headlights.
-Get a new exhaust.
-Get AMG monoblocks.
I think those things would make it look very.... Wait, what's the German for rice? It's sausage, isn't it? Yeah, that'll do.

Smoked tail lights just scream "look at me! I wanted to spend my money but I had nothing to spend it on! Also, I am a homosexual man and I enjoy receiving anal sex from other homosexual men!"

Also, any time you have work done to the exhaust of a regular, non-sporty Mercedes-Benz the end goal should always be to make it quieter.:D

Smoked headlights something no self-respecting person over 20 should put on his car.

Posmo, please don't be offended, you'll see what im mean in two years :p

Back on topic: That's a nice car, in good condition and dead cheap. Great deal you got there!

Smoked tail lights are way, way less offensive than Lexus-style ones. I kind of like them, especially in Golfs.

-> when the golf is certain color...

Nice Merc! Congratulations.

I think those things would make it look very.... Wait, what's the German for rice? It's sausage, isn't it? Yeah, that'll do.

Smoked tail lights just scream "look at me! I wanted to spend my money but I had nothing to spend it on! Also, I am a homosexual man and I enjoy receiving anal sex from other homosexual men!"

Also, any time you have work done to the exhaust of a regular, non-sporty Mercedes-Benz the end goal should always be to make it quieter.:D

<_<

You sir, with all due respect, are wrong.

After a closer look, it does appear that the car has Eu spec lights, but make sure you give them a good polish to brighten them up again.

About the taillights, Im not talking about some 'look at me' tuning job, but the facelifted lights found in later models:
20071027162532!Mercedes_Benz_W124_rear_20070326.jpg

(big image, I know, couldn't be bothered to resize)

You can surely see the exhaust tips in the rearward picture, thats why I think it should be changed, it looks like shit atm, and won't last long if the rest of it looks like that...

And AMG monoblocks.. There isn't a single W124/201-> that they don't look good on.. They look discreet, yet badass at the same time:
230CE+_7_.JPG