2009 Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix

I usually wish for rain on raceday, but in Monza I like watching the cars go round in full speed on a dry track as well, so any weather will be fine by me. :)

I hope it will be bone dry. Would love to see the cars clock 340+kph on the straightaway.

Whatever the condition the best team and car and driver on the day will win as evident in last years race.

^Doesn't that theory apply for EVERY race?

I want to see a mixed race with rain and sunshine, makes it really interesting

I hate that. It can mean results are determined by pure luck with pit stops. See last year's Spa results for example.

New kerbs:

136470.jpg

136474.jpg

136475.jpg

Tbh I don't think that will be stopping anyone hopping them...

They should just put a bunch of cones there.

New kerbs:

*pics*

Tbh I don't think that will be stopping anyone hopping them...

Exactly. There isn't much of a level difference between the two parts, and even if they throw the car around off-camber, a driver who wants to banzai his way through the chicane and gain a lot of time by doing that WILL do that no matter what.

Exactly. There isn't much of a level difference between the two parts, and even if they throw the car around off-camber, a driver who wants to banzai his way through the chicane and gain a lot of time by doing that WILL do that no matter what.

When I asked the 5Live team on twitter they said:

5LiveF1 said:
should do but the new bits added are just on the inside of the original kerbs so cars that are good on kerbs will still be good!

Plus those speedhumps on the concrete run-off on the inside of the chicane aren't a new addition. They have been there for about 4-5 years (at least). They're new because they probably fit new ones every year, but in the same positions.

According to reports in a German motorsport website, the drivers complained about the new kerbs and they have been flattened back. So kerb-hopping will be done all weekend.

According to reports in a German motorsport website, the drivers complained about the new kerbs and they have been flattened back. So kerb-hopping will be done all weekend.
woo hoo GPDA FTW!

I'm usually very much against kerb-hopping, but it's Monza dammit!