Gordon Murrays T25

I agree this could revolutionise the way cars are built. BUT will anyone get it?? Therefore will anyone buy it?

Last time Murray tried to lay a four cylinder engine down horizontally it was a disaster.

Anyway, I have quite a lot of expectations for this car. First of all more or less all of the basis work regarding packaging is done by Gordon Murray. Remember he managed to get seating for three adults, a 6-liter V12 engine, 100 liters of fuel, a six speed gearbox, and more luggage space than a Ford Fiesta into a wheelbase no longer than that of a 911. Also baring in mind the way he thinks through things, I think this car will be really great.

Are you by any chance referring to the Brabham BT55?

If so you are right it was a bit of a disaster, bloody low profile though even for a GP car. (I didn't even need to refer to wikipedia to know this, how nerdy am I, and you too I guess :) )

Are you by any chance referring to the Brabham BT55?
Bingo...

It was later proved with the McLaren MP4/4 that everything else was absolutely premium though. The engine was very much the weak link, triggering a "domino" effect giving the BT55 lots of trouble. After all, laying down an already brittle engine that was senistive enough to oil, water and fuel pressure did it no favours at all...

I agree this could revolutionise the way cars are built. BUT will anyone get it?? Therefore will anyone buy it?

The more accurate question will be: Will anybody sell this thing in Australia?

I can't wait for this. Gordon Murray is a genius.

Gordon Murray building a city car? It should be interesting, at least. I hope he finds someone to build it for him.

:blink: Hey, I helped build that car.

New pics, I instantly said wow. The size comparison comes across a lot better than the original scale pics.

http://img201.imageshack.**/img201/5926/12vg0.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.**/img509/4456/13ul4.jpg

Gratuitous Mr Bean pics...

http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/9428/18kp7.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.**/img524/2028/19oy7.jpg

Holy COW, the new Mini looks massive compared to the old one. Must be why I :love: the classic Mini so much.

Finally though, a small car that's actually, you know, small. Oh, and nice shirt Gordon! :lol:

^ The Fiat 500 looks even moreso. Greatly looking forawrd to the T-25, but more than that, I'm looking forward to seeing what multiple companies's versions will look like.

I hope this is to be a great car, I am looking forward to seeing more of it

You know, the old Mini is pretty much just as small as this thing... why don't they just start making old Mini's again?

safety regulations :(

The layout has been unveiled...

T25-iCentre-Seating.jpg

GORDON MURRAY DESIGN REVEAL T.25 CITY CAR SEATING LAYOUT

Gordon Murray Design's T.25 City Car is not only designed around a central driving position but an MPV package offering 6 internal layouts within the same vehicle, each layout being easily achieved within 30 seconds.

The T.25 City Car has been packaged to accept three 95th percentile occupants and the central driving position has been named ?iCentre?', although the actual concept dates back to 1966 when Gordon Murray first came up with the idea during his Mechanical Engineering studies at Durban Institute of Technology in South Africa. The three-seat configuration was put into production with the McLaren F1 and then resurrected in 1999 during the original study for Murray's City Car - then known as Project 3.

The central driving position gives unparalleled control and visibility whilst supporting the ultra-flexible interior space. This gives the T.25 a potential market advantage over the Smart Fortwo which is purely a two-seater with a small luggage capacity. In maximum ?shopping mode' the T.25 can be driver only but offers 750 litres of stowage space which is equal to 6 shopping trolleys in volume!

The two pedal vehicle does not have a gear lever but instead relies on push buttons with the options of fully automatic or manual using Forward, Reverse & Neutral.

Gordon Murray Design are currently in discussions with several interested parties to move the car into production using the iStream? Manufacturing process. iStream? is a unique, innovative method of producing cars invented by Gordon Murray Design which, amongst other things, reduces the area and investment of a typical car factory by 80%.

"I own a Gordon Murray designed car, that has a central driving position." :cool:

Linky

Last edited:
Oh dear....

The smart is the size it is because they designed it for equivalent crash protection to a normal car. All he's done is removed the tridion safety cell and filled it with people.

What is the difference between the top three layouts, apart from size of people? Or the two left bottom ones? So not six layouts, but three. If they wanted more PR bullshit, they could also differentiate by the gender of passengers.

I have a bad feeling about this...

To me it seems like the Zafira's rear seats, that fold flat into the floor?