Spied: Production Volvo S60 caught by Brenda

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Our spy photographers have just snagged the first spy shots of the 2011 Volvo S60. Moreover, these photos were taken at a Volvo photo shoot, revealing the S60 with hardly any camouflage! The 2011 S60 made its debut as a thinly-veiled concept car at the 2009 North American International Auto Show. When Volvo launched its XC60, design chief Mattin said it marked a whole new styling direction for the company. Judging by the S60 spied today, that certainly appears to be the case. Mattin joined Volvo from Mercedes-Benz in 2005. At Mercedes, he was responsible for the design of the SLR McLaren and the new S-Class, among others.

In addition to a new design language, the new S60 seems to demonstrate Volvo?s desire to move toward more slender A- and C-pillars for increased visibility. Over the years, these structural supports have become much thicker on most vehicles for structural and styling purposes. Volvo seems to have kept the styling up to snuff, but no word on materials were used to keep up strength.
Continued
http://www.leftlanenews.com/volvo-s60-2011.html

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/09/09/do-want.jpg

Last edited:
That actually looks nice

I'm not entirely sold on the new style front. but it looks good over all!

edit. and it's a shame they didn't keep the funky rear doors from the concept!

interesting design. very clean lines. I like the look of that front end of the car.

That looks very aggressive, especially from the nicely-proportioned back. Definitely a slick car.

LOL FAIL.

-My thoughts.

oh look, a Honda civic

The front is too high and the lights look odd. Could be the angle. Damn the EU and their bonnet regulations.

No. Just, no.

The old S60 looked much better on the front, more refined and elegant without being ostentatious. The new one looks like it was designed by Buick with a Civic's ass.

2008-acura-csx-type-s-i009.jpg

It looks nice, but I think the old S60 looked more distinctive.

Yes please! A sexy Volvo!

Follow the sound of vomiting.

I love it personally, the new direction Volvo is going seems to be the right one. Now if only their cars were a bit sportier.