No 56k: Replacement 1995 XJR - Also In Black

Is the car just dusty or is the paint oxidized? It's kind of hard to tell from the photos.

I'm glad the situation was resolved quickly, Spectre. It still sucks what happened to your baby, but this new car can now benefit from your experience and become something really spectacular.

(next time don't let them have the keys)

That is what I call great work efficiency.

You sure get things done pretty fast.

Were the Milan wheels salvageable? I really liked those ones.

Thanks for all the compliments, people.

Yes, it is oxidized pretty badly on top. That was taken into consideration in the settlement, so it will be okay. :D

Were the Milan wheels salvageable? I really liked those ones.

No, more's the pity. The Brembo front calipers didn't survive either, but I can still order those. Gotta go on eBay and find some more Milans.

The seats look like they are in better condition in this one. is that the case?

Yes, with the exception of the driver's seat. That's a little more torn up on the side bolster where you slide in and out; a new leather panel to repair it is on the way. :D

You know...maybe they are the same person...we never see them in the same place at the same time, do we?

You know...maybe they are the same person...we never see them in the same place at the same time, do we?

I think you are right. And I think Spectre is the alterego with superpowers.:lol:

Jesus, they swapped the engine in one evening? That's an incredible save!

Does it feel like you're driving someone else's car though?

Jesus, they swapped the engine in one evening? That's an incredible save!

Does it feel like you're driving someone else's car though?

I think the engine is the same, they swapped in a new transmission.

One more in daylight:

IMG_4556.JPG

US XJRs didn't have the stainless window trim blacked out as the Euro ones did. That's something I'm going to remedy in the near future with this car. :D

Also, before it goes to the paint shop, I'm going to take the opportunity to test various products that claim to be able to repair severely oxidized paint on it. Worst case scenario is that it ruins the paint and I have to repaint it... which I'd be doing anyway. :D

One more in daylight:

IMG_4556.JPG

US XJRs didn't have the stainless window trim blacked out as the Euro ones did. That's something I'm going to remedy in the near future with this car. :D

Also, before it goes to the paint shop, I'm going to take the opportunity to test various products that claim to be able to repair severely oxidized paint on it. Worst case scenario is that it ruins the paint and I have to repaint it... which I'd be doing anyway. :D

So it's a win-win if it doesn't work.