Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That 500 looks good, but I'd much rather get an Abarth and have it sprayed a deep red.

Oh joy of joys. A friend of mine who currently owns a Dolomite Sprint has told me the petrol for it is too expensive and he is thinking of selling it. And buying a Porsche 924. Yes he is 17. And yes, he has found a way round the insurance problems. And yes, I am jealous of the fact that I cannot afford a car. FML.

Last edited:
Autoblog commenter quote of the day
autoblog's random audience said:
I dunno if I'd wanna live in a world where every Camry had 750HP and RWD...frankly most drivers are terrible enough as it is with 160HP under the hood.
I could just see how wintertime would be if the best selling car in America was a 750HP RWD beast.
On the bright side I suppose natural selection would take place really quickly to thin out the lousy drivers.

I had a new key made for my car today. It cost 8?, and I no longer have to fear that the key will break every time I turn it :)

Also, I just found out that a local scrubby (faded black paint, purple tinted windows and a white rear hatch) stw Sierra that I see everytime I go to the train station has 353 rwhp :shock:

EDIT: Pic of said car from a thread at a Finnish Ford forum:

http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/6574/img32141.jpg

I've only just noticed that it has a maroon drivers mirror aswell :p Bear in mind that it weighs around 1300kg and has ~400hp at the crank.

-I love sleepers.

Last edited:
^ rear wheel says a bit in that..
What are your thoughts about the new mclaren?
792291.jpg

Got rear ended the other day by some douchebag not paying attention. It was low speed so nothing bad, but put a nice scratch and dent in my fender. More to add to the list of damage not caused by me on this car :-x

Ever wondered what "Liana" stands for (yeah, the old Reasonably Priced Car)?

Then stop not wondering because I have the answer:

Liana: Life In A New Age...

Yep, that simple :-D

Ever wondered what "Liana" stands for (yeah, the old Reasonably Priced Car)?

Then stop not wondering because I have the answer:

Liana: Life In A New Age...

Yep, that simple :-D

Like I Assumed: Not Adequate

:)

^combo breaker. :rolleyes:

Are the Lexus SC's (the older 5-door hatch version) entirely useless, or worth looking at?

^combo breaker. :rolleyes:

Are the Lexus SC's (the older 5-door hatch version) entirely useless, or worth looking at?

D'you mean the IS300 Sportcross (5-door hatch) or the 2JZ non-turbo SC coupes? They're both high up on the very short list of Lexus cars that have character.

Ugh. It seems no one is willing to make a custom fiber glass hood scoop.