Random Thoughts....

I got an e-mail from the SU earlier on today.

Someone handed in my Learner Permit :blush:

I hadn't even realised I had lost it...

That?s lucky, better make sure you buy them a beer in the Students Union Bar. :)
(Unless, it was a mysterious stalker, who took it in the first place.:p)

I'm at work, just got back from lunch break and got started working on coding.

I'm trying to add additional things to some lines of code and for a second I was like "Man who in the hell wrote this shitty ass unorganized unstructured code".

Then I was like "Oh....me"
Did the same thing with a spec - only "wow who wrote this they really knew what they were doing, oh Its me" - now that is embarrassing!

WTF is wrong with me?

a day ago i hated water and my only source of hydration were coffee, sodas, and the occasional wine. but today i drank 2L of the damn stuff, what kind of stuff could've fucked up my system so bad that i hated water, now i love it.

Well, some days I don't hate water, but if I start drinking other fluids first, I just have no desire to drink water. However, if I just start with water, I'll have consumed about a 1/2 gallon by lunch.

Even still, if I drink nothing but soda all day at work, I'll get home and drink two 20oz glasses of water before I even know they are gone.

WTF is wrong with me?

a day ago i hated water and my only source of hydration were coffee, sodas, and the occasional wine. but today i drank 2L of the damn stuff, what kind of stuff could've fucked up my system so bad that i hated water, now i love it.

I used to hate water. I never drank it. I got back home from college this summer and I've been downing water like I never have before. No idea what its all about. Maybe my home water is just good tasting compared to everything else.

You could make more money by selling them to a japanese person. :p
I took a class on anime this summer, and I still don't get the Japanese fascination with panties. Just don't get it. Naked characters = fine. I get that. But all the upskirt shots...WTF?!

That?s lucky, better make sure you buy them a beer in the Students Union Bar. :)
(Unless, it was a mysterious stalker, who took it in the first place.:p)
You people have Students Union Bars?! I got to a Baptist school...the closest thing we've got is a dadgummed overpriced Chili's Too (with no margaritas)...

*runs to send off a transfer application*

You people have Students Union Bars?! I got to a Baptist school...the closest thing we've got is a dadgummed overpriced Chili's Too (with no margaritas)...

Your student unions don't have bars?

I thought the point of student unions was to provide dirt-cheap subsidised alcohol to impoverished students...

Portsmouth Polytechnic 1978 student Union - largest bar in Hampshire 36 different beers, ciders and lagers on draft - all at subsidised prices - the entertainments bar down stairs was cheaper for some things too!

What exactly are student unions?
what do you do?

In Scotland, student unions are large organisations, run for students by students. Each university normally has a student union of its own.

They do many things. They liaise with the university in order that things go well for students. They stand up for students on important issues (such as unfair bank charges or political positions - such as university fees). And they tend to own and run at least one building on campus.

They hold elections once a year for positions in the building, such as 'president', 'secretary', 'entertainment manager' and so on. Any student can apply for any position.

The last sentence is what most people think of when you think of a 'student union'. It means a building that will contain at least a shop (student supplies such as stationery, drinks, snacks and other assorted things), a coffee shop / cafe, an eating place/refectory, a bar and a nightclub/concert venue.

If you're lucky it will have many of the above. One student union in Glasgow has 11 bars in the one building, for example.

cost you money to have fucktards protest stuff you don't believe in, then your money is used to bail them out of jail

Ours are free to join and are paid for by profits from the bars/shop/cafe etc...

:lol: That is true...

Sorry...I tried wording it so that it was as if I only knew one thing about the appendix, and that it was only loosely related to the situation at hand.

Here the student union is the big community building that's always open for the students. Bookstore, a few restaurants, general store, bar area, bank, pool hall, about 10 different student organization offices, conference rooms, TV lounge, etc.

cfiles33689.jpg

University of Wisconsin, Madison also has a very healthy on-campus beverage selection. :)

This was my student union as an undergrad with no bar inside...it was very "Notawesomelahoma"

top.jpg

I got an e-mail from the SU earlier on today.

Someone handed in my Learner Permit :blush:

I hadn't even realised I had lost it...

I did that once with a credit card. Canceled it and found it months later in a pocket.

Note- I would not actually give used underwear to goodwill, I also keep my singlet tops and socks in there. :)

As long as everything is clean and in tact, charities make a FORTUNE selling used underwear for cheap. I worked with a charity sale for a few years and dead serious the first thing to sell out is the underwear. It's something everyone needs and can be a genuine hardship for people on very tight budgets.

As long as everything is clean and in tact, charities make a FORTUNE selling used underwear for cheap. I worked with a charity sale for a few years and dead serious the first thing to sell out is the underwear. It's something everyone needs and can be a genuine hardship for people on very tight budgets.
You learn something every day... I would never have guessed that. Personally, I just wouldn't wear any underwear at all if money was that tight. Hell, I'm not wearing any right now!

You learn something every day... I would never have guessed that. Personally, I just wouldn't wear any underwear at all if money was that tight. Hell, I'm not wearing any right now!

And I'm sure there are many people who would do the same thing, but it does boil down to clothes are clothes and money's money to some folks. Especially things like bras. They're REALLY expensive and get a lot of wear and tear. The cheapest bras are $20 USD (if you're lucky enough fit a standard size and don't mind itchiness and ugliness) and you wear one every single day for the majority of your life. They get washed as much as socks but cost 10 times more. Of course the cheap ones don't last as long either, even if you have the time and patience to hand wash. Yeah you can go without, but do you want to? Maybe, maybe not. To each his own, but I'd be willing to bet many charities accept undies and sell them quickly.

Hell, I'm not wearing any right now!

Good to know. I was really wondering if Austere had any underwear on tonight. It's important to keep track of these things.