Looking for a gaming mouse and keyboard

Xeonidas

I was thinking of buying logitech g7 and g15 but are they any good has anyone used them. Maybe someone knows something better I don`t want to spend over 70$ on mouse and 90$ on keyboard. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm using the Logitech G9. For me it's perfect.
Great accuracy, you can adjust the feel with covers & weights.
I lubez it <3

I have a G5, other than the wire the same as the g7 AFAIK. It's comfortable and precise, what more do you want? I find my brother's Deathadder Razer to be slightly more comfortable though.

The g7 doesn`t have the adjustable weight. but is the weight more important than a mouse without a wire

I'm using the old G15, with 18 G buttons and the bigger screen:

logitech_g15.jpg

It is a very nice keyboard in my opinion: very solid, keystroke is just as I like it, the backlight is quite useful and somehow I love the screen for displaying nearby infos such as Winamp info, or DSL connection info from the router or stuff.

Possible downsides: it is really quite large, and I was told it really doesn't like fluids being spilled on it - though, as a proper computer science student, I already have spilled some coffee over it and it's doing fine. I also can't really find a good use for the 18 G-keys except in gaming, and even then I rather use traditional hotkeys - probably a habit. You can program them to do any kinds of stuff, actually, I'm just too lazy to think of something really useful.

Yes, and the screen is smaller and immovable. Also, the backlight on the new G15 is orange instead of blue, and the screen also is orange-on-black instead of greyish-black-on-greenish-gray-with-blueish-backlight as with the old one:

logitech-g15.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps i'm just old fashioned, but if you've got a decent laser mouse and a robust keyboard that should be enough. Anything beyond that is gaming bling.

I have a G5. It kicks ass.

I use a razer copperhead it's an extremely good mouse for its price :)

Logitech G15 + Logitech MX518

Logitech G15 + Logitech MX518

I have a Logitech G15 (v2) and a Logitech MX518. The MX518 is small, light, precise, comfortable, has alot of buttons, and easy on the wallet, preforming exceptionally for the cheap price compared to its higher priced siblings. The G15 is just a little bigger than most keyboards (without the arm-rest) with well spaced keys. You should be able to adjust well to it within no time. I love the lighted keys (some may be un-evenly lighted) and the screen is great for music, time, and a few other things that may be hard to access while busy. My only gripe is the heavy software that is needed to fully utilize the keyboard's G-keys and screen.

I can't see any reason for you to pay more for a mouse or keyboard when these both have many of the major features. If you really want to depart from some cash I would suggest giving some to me and purchase for both of us a Logitech G19.

Join us: http://forums.finalgear.com/groups/logitech-g15-users/

I think the g15 is the keyboard I`m buying but for the mouse maybe g9 because on amazon you can get one for only 50$ but I`m not sure yet.

I think the g15 is the keyboard I`m buying but for the mouse maybe g9 because on amazon you can get one for only 50$ but I`m not sure yet.

You cannot go wrong with a G-mouse and G-keyboard. I have a G5 and G15 and I love both of them. Second-gen G15 with around 4m keys and a really early G5 with around 5m clicks, and both look and feel like new (Except the paint is being worn off the G5 :lol:)

MX518, Razer DB, Razer DA for the mouse.
I think gaming keyboards are pointless. Still using an very old IBM one :D

I have a G15 & a G5. Had em both for 2 years now and both are brilliant.

The G15 took a pretty bad coca-cola spill and I then washed it and dried it off with a blow drier, it's still working with absolutely no problem at all. I love the keys as clicking them is very nice on the fingers and the back light is one of the main reasons I bought it, I like playing games in the dark and seeing what I'm typing makes it much quicker for me. The LCD is also pretty useful as I use it to monitor temps for CPU and HDDs, using it for media player while I'm in-game is also quite nice.

The G5 is extremely good. I'm loving every minute with it. Very accurate, I change the DPI pretty much for each game (CS:S is the fastest I use - 1850 DPI, L4D is the slowest I use - 1200 DPI), the weights are bloody brilliant as I like my mouse to be quite heavy and everything is customizable. It's everything I coulda asked from a mouse (and I don't like wireless crap so the G7 is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned).