Gran Turismo 5

^
True, but high speed ring for instance.

Off topic-ish: Not to be a Sony fanboy, but Forza 3 is on 2 discs. :lol:

DSC04196.jpg

finger.gif

L O L :lol::lol::lol:

Ok another question. You mentioned that this is a projection screen, whats the resolution/quality of the image (1080p?) and how much more costly would this setup be (say compared to a 52" LCD/plasm) since you have to buy a projector and screen and whatnot?

The bulbs are the most expensive part, by far. Fuckers are expensive as hell. When the bulb burns out on the projector I have now (an old beat up one my dad rescued from work before it was tossed), I'll likely toss it rather than buying a new bulb. Not worth it.

L O L :lol::lol::lol:

Ok another question. You mentioned that this is a projection screen, whats the resolution/quality of the image (1080p?) and how much more costly would this setup be (say compared to a 52" LCD/plasm) since you have to buy a projector and screen and whatnot?
It's 720P native (can do 1080i but I prefer non-interlaced).
Quality is superb - it's a Panasonic AE900, which I settled on after about three months research... Dynamic iris (5500:1 CR), Smoothscreen technology, Cinema Color Management, Dynamic Sharpness Control, etc.

I paid a smidgeon over ?400 for it but got a year's warranty with that (which didn't exclude the bulb, as most ex-demo ones do :thumbsup: ).

Would it spoil the mystique if I confessed that it only cost me ?7? :whistle:
(Two tester pots of Cloud Slate 3 Grey paint for a fiver, thinned down with water and a ?2 roll of tape). :mrgreen:

^ That was the cost of my screen, as I was lucky enough to have a plain, flat wall at one end of my lounge.

So, all in all, I get a quality image about ten times the screen area than I would have done for LCD/Plasma on a comparable budget. :cool:

The only drawback for me is ambient light control.
I have blackout blinds and curtains on the windows for when I want to use it during daylight hours.

The bulbs are the most expensive part, by far. Fuckers are expensive as hell. When the bulb burns out on the projector I have now (an old beat up one my dad rescued from work before it was tossed), I'll likely toss it rather than buying a new bulb. Not worth it.

They can be dear but the bulb for this model is rated for 3000 hours and can be picked up for ~?100-150, so I can live with that for the enjoyment I get from it. :)

Hmm. The shop I mentioned earlier is still sticking by their 25th release date, they've even added the new screenshots. Lost interest now though, I'd rather get the Forza 3 limited edition. I need a new USB stick. :p

We'll know more when TGS comes and goes. I'm expecting launch date.. *fingers crossed*

This puts me in a difficult position... do I want to use my 55" SD rear-projection monstrosity (which works great with my old Driving Force), or my 22" 1080p monitor, which would not be comfortable to use with the wheel but picture quality would be astronomically better.

it might if it uses trackIR

I've just bought a PS3 and GT5P, and now every time i start it says that date and time are not correct (and indeed they aren't), but where do i change it? the PS3 time is correct and so is the date. My guess is i need to change it somewhere in the GT5 settings but i haven't got a clue where.

I've just bought a PS3 and GT5P, and now every time i start it says that date and time are not correct (and indeed they aren't), but where do i change it? the PS3 time is correct and so is the date. My guess is i need to change it somewhere in the GT5 settings but i haven't got a clue where.

I also got that message but it turned out the date in the PS3 itself was wrong. If yours is already the right one, I can?t help you.

i adjusted the settings to "get time from internet", and turned DST on. I don't get the message anymore and the time is correct. Stupid thing is that GT5P still says it's the 9th of september :blink: the PS3 settings are correct. strange. but well; message is gone :thumbup:

Mine always says the time is wrong too...good to see I am not the only one with the same problem. Thanks for the fix Werner.

So the reason GT5 is delayed is every model year they go over, they have to add said year to the game? :lol: