How to photoshop iPhone icons

pfft, naming layers is pointless. Painting textures in photoshop usually takes be over a hundred layers. It's all about the groups (which need names).

I find that naming is more for other people than yourself, and I rarely send mine off anywhere.
And I havn't made anything with 100 layers yet, I think.

Being me I played around a lil bit and I think I found something that could be improved uppon.
And that would be the glass layer if you move the centre of the circular gradient down to the bottom of the button and instead make it extend all the way to the top corner you get an even more glass like effect.

glasbutton1-1683.png
glasbutton2-1684.png

What's with those diagonal lines I got (and are also in the video) when applying that particular lens flair? I had to choose a different one to get rid of those...

What's with those diagonal lines I got (and are also in the video) when applying that particular lens flair? I had to choose a different one to get rid of those...

The diagonal lines are from the movie prime lens flair. I quite liked the look of those. it's more of a sparkle in the glass