Gran Turismo PSP

Ehhhh, a bit disappointing, but it seems to work ok on the mobile platform, and still appeals to the "OMG gotta collect them all" OCD side of me.

Sounds like the driving itself is good, graphics and sound are nice, but it's the lack of a career mode that drags it down.

The more I think about it, the more it appeals to my OCD. Random selection of cars to buy? Inability to modify cars (thus more incentive to drive different cars)? Races scaled to car and driver? Awesome.

note: I am the type of person to embark on weird quests like "win a race in every car"

Cons:
Only 4 car races. -1 point.
No career mode. -2 poins.

Pro:
Veyron. +1 billion points. :cool:

Personally, I'd rather have good handling/performance/sound with a wide selection of cars/tracks rather than a crappy driving experience with an elaborate career mode. It is too bad we can't have both, but I'm certainly glad they at least got the most important things right.

Last edited:
Well, I guess they thought the PSP will mostly be used for quick gaming without complicated career decisions, so they kind of lighened the approach to driving cars in the game.

Personally, I'd rather have good handling/performance/sound with a wide selection of cars/tracks rather than a crappy driving experience with an elaborate career mode. It is too bad we can't have both, but I'm certainly glad they at least got the most important things right.

x2 :thumbsup:

I must say, after reading some reviews, I have to ask: what the f*ck were they thinking???? :?

I mean sure: great graphics, good sound, realistic handling - excellent! But the rest? Only four manufacturers you can buy your cars from for each day in the game (with no idea of which quartet will be available tomorrow)? No career mode whatsoever? Tuning options only minimal? There is no technical challenge in changing such things, so they simply chose to make them this way. But why?

Okay, it was absolutely obvious that this game would be toned down from the full Playstation experience quite some bit, I am perfectly fine with that. But right now, to me, this looks like it is a quickly-ported GT4 with some new cars.

Some of the "shortcomings" of this game are so blatantly obvious that it almost hurts to see them. No career mode, so what you basically do after you have completed the "license tests" is collect cars and race them. Sounds great, but with the per-day-limitation of manufacturers you can buy your car from and the complicated method of finding out whether you probably already own a specific model and thus don't need to buy it (see the IGN video review for more on that issue), building your collection is likely to become quite a painful experience at times. A simple career mode and quick tuning like in GT5P is all I would have asked for. Can't be impossible to do and would improve GTM by miles.

Thats kinda dissapointin!
I heard on a video that the GTM is going to be a game which you can bring to a party and play with your friends. But I didnt think they would go that far! Completly removing the Career mode? Who on earth thought of that...
And the other stupid move is that the only 4 manufactures per day thing. Again which idiot thought of that. If I have the money to buy a Ferrari, I want to buy it NOW! not next week....
I must say it has dissapointed me. After all these years is this the best they can come up with?

I'm pretty sure it's 4 manufacturers per game day. If not not, that's pretty annoying.

EDIT:

The second issue, which is actually not quite as debilitating (but still annoying), is that the game runs on a calendar system and on each day you can only buy vehicles from four manufacturers. Every two days these four choices change to offer up new cars to pick from.
Looks like it's in-game days, not real ones.

Last edited:
Didn't see it posted in these pages so....

Didn't see it posted in these pages so....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhcLbW-YomU[/YOUTUBE]

I dont know about the rules against saying this but here goes.... :unsure:
Anyone has 5.55 CFW? If so just search around! :whistle:

I didnt' think that the there was a 5.55 CFW

I dont know about the rules against saying this but here goes.... :unsure:
Anyone has 5.55 CFW? If so just search around! :whistle:

Sorry but there's no CFW 5.55 out yet. Probably we will have to wait for CFW 6.00 :(

I think I'm still on.... 5.0? It's only a matter of time anyway, I fully expect the game to be leaked before release which should give them time to crank something out if it requires high firmware.