Japantastic (56K warning)

I like that GT-R badge dislocated to the left on the last car.

Kajun, do they use Swifts in the police down there?

Yes I did see one a few weeks ago. It made me feel cool for having the same kind of car that the police use. :p

I'm headed down to Naha tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some nice cars to post. I saw an Alpina 5 series tonight but unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.

Update and question, what is this?
Didn't get a chance to get a good look but it did have a large plastic panel covering the headlights/front grille area.

olditalian.jpg

World's smallest car?

verysmallcar.jpg

stretchlimo.jpg

z4maroon.jpg

skylinedusty.jpg

Last edited:
Hybrid Supra TC. It said 150kw engine on each rear wheel and 10kw engine on each front wheel (from very poor memory), what the hell would 10kw do?

hybridsupra1.jpg

hybridsupra2.jpg

Sorry for the crappy blurred pics, Prius concept?

megaweb3.jpg

megaweb1.jpg

megaweb2.jpg

megaweb4.jpg

My mom (who is 68 and arthritic) would like one of those. A lot.

I've driven a Toyota Sports 800. The one at the Lane Motor Museum, in fact. There was a time when I wanted one, but there's only about three dozen in the U.S., and those who have them aren't selling. Not that I have the money right now anyway... :cry:

Anyone recognise these guys?! Just discovered they all have restaurants near my house. A bit pricey but might have to go and try one sometime.

ironchef.jpg

This is more my style, my favourite burger joint, Kua Aina.

kuaainaburger.jpg

kuaaina.jpg

And would you believe, beer for kids?

kidsbeer.jpg

I also came across not one, but two sports car showrooms with some crazy stuff on display. The first one is actually a removalist but for some reason they also sell premium autos.

Here's what they have in stock in Tokyo...

Enzo x 4
F50
F40
993 GT2 (racing)
997 GT2 Club Sport
CLK DTM

599 x2
F430 Scuderia Spider
F430 Scuderia x2
360 Challenge Stradale
F430 Spider
V8 Vantage N400

And in Osaka they also have...

F40 Competizione
911 GT1 (not for sale)

artcompany3.jpg

artcompany4.jpg

artcompany2.jpg

artcompany1.jpg

Not often you see 3 Enzos sitting next to each other in a showroom.

The other one I saw today, they have in stock...

Maserati MC12
Koenigsegg CCX
Pagani Zonda F (first one in Japan - as written on the plaque by Mr. Pagani)
CLK GTR road version
288 GTO
F460 Iding Power tuned version
Maclaren F1 GTR
Maclaren F1 (sold)
Maclaren SLR x2 (sold)
F40 (sold)
F40LM x2 (sold)
F50 x2 (sold)
Carrera GT (sold)
993 GT2 (sold)
RUF CTR2 Racing (sold)
RUF BTR NATO II (sold)
911 RSR
930 RSR
RS200
XJ220
etc

(I included some sold cars cos they're still on display)

bingosports1.jpg

bingosports2.jpg

Are you asking if it's possible, or requesting that I do so?

It happens that I went past both of them before they opened, well the second one was just getting ready to open with the receptionist vacuuming the entrance. I guess I could... don't really know how open they'd be.

oh, and the showrooms are really cramped, that's one of the reasons I've never really bothered going in to take pics.

Last edited:
There are still so many expensive cars in Japan, looks like the Japanese economy isn't really affected by the recession that much? Or at least it's not as bad as reported on the media?

Are you asking if it's possible, or requesting that I do so?

It happens that I went past both of them before they opened, well the second one was just getting ready to open with the receptionist vacuuming the entrance. I guess I could... don't really know how open they'd be.

oh, and the showrooms are really cramped, that's one of the reasons I've never really bothered going in to take pics.

i was asking if it was possible. there are many high-end showrooms that don't let everyone in with their cameras.

Hybrid Supra TC. It said 150kw engine on each rear wheel and 10kw engine on each front wheel (from very poor memory), what the hell would 10kw do?

Sorry for the crappy blurred pics, Prius concept?

megaweb3.jpg

actually what is that thing? it looks like the bastard love child between a Saturn and a Prius