Food! [The thread that started this section]

I had some take-away just now ... and let?s have a little game ...

Guess what this is supposed to be ...
Like NecroJoe, I had it down as Chinese as well - sweet & sour or kung po. On the right of the picture it looked like there was a king prawn there...

Allegedly, tikka masala was invented by a chef who was asked to "improve" a traditional Indian recipe after a customer had complained that there wasn't enough sauce... so he added a tin of tomato soup, hence the bright orange colour. I'll bet there are a hundred other similar tales out there...

Ugh....I hate those kinds of breakfast sausages, they taste terrible. It's so hard to find British style sausages here for me like the ones I used to eat when I lived in Liverpool.

ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON'T LIKE MY SAUSAGE?

:mrgreen:

It may as well contain pussy juice and whore nectar, but it's still not proper sauce if it's got extract mixed in. :p

</pedantic>

Fresh, hot, semi-scratch pizza. Dude, get a napkin already. You're drooling!
100_3624.jpg

Any toppings hidden under that wonderful cheese?

Any toppings hidden under that wonderful cheese?

Nope, I'm a plain jane fan, boring as that is there's nothing better to me than a really fine cheese pizza. Plus I was working with what was on hand. I love finally having a kitchen stocked well enough that I can cook without having to hit up the store every single time.

I can appreciate a good cheese pizza. My most recent pizza was a barbecue type sauce, mozzarella, polish sausage, bacon, banana peppers, spinach, and a sprinkling of cheddar. No pictures because I was busy eating:D.

I can appreciate a good cheese pizza. My most recent pizza was a barbecue type sauce, mozzarella, polish sausage, bacon, banana peppers, spinach, and a sprinkling of cheddar. No pictures because I was busy eating:D.

Good heavens that's a busy pizza!

If by "busy" you mean awesome, then yes it's a busy pizza.:p

Does that cheese pizza of yours have any sauce, or is it just all cheese?

Does that cheese pizza of yours have any sauce, or is it just all cheese?

There is plenty of sauce. You just can't see it from that angle. The sauce I had on hand wasn't really great so I'm glad I didn't put too much on. Next time, I make my own.

More pizza goodness, with sauce:
100_3626.jpg

Guess I need to buy some flours and yeast next time I go to the shop. Cheese is so damn expensive for a stingy (poor) student like me though, luxury item I'd say.

Maybe I use less cheese and more bacon. :lol:

A bag of cheese costs a lot less than a delivery pizza or even a frozen one.

A bag of cheese costs a lot less than a delivery pizza or even a frozen one.

Have ordered once from the closest local delivery, was quick and hot but really not worth the 10 euros as a pizza. The time and effort saved (took only 14 minutes) when you are really, really hungry and got nothing to eat is what you pay for. Which is the only value delivery has for me anyway, it's a treat when you are too lazy and hungry.

Frozen pizzas, well...not a fan really.

Home made, about 3 euros a pizza should be possible. Depending on the quality and quantity of toppings, cheese and sauce of course. Must make some next week.