Random Thoughts....

In the end, neither of them got the job, but they sued the company for discrimination or something....because they didn't provide application forms in their own language. :blink:

And having worked in the area for a few years, and still currently heavily involved in recriutment, we have to provide selection criteria in whatever language requested, interpret any application provided in a language other than english, and have an interpreter at interview. And yes, we are primarily an english speaking and writing organisation. We have to do the same for people with disabilities, which can be challenging.

Understanding HR is important. If only for yourself and being able to understand your employment conditions and rights. Whilst most of the people I work with can recite large passages of various Acts that relate to our clients, they have little to no idea about the legislation that relates to their working life.

I got an email from HPI Racing this morning, advertising a special sale they're having. The thing is, I bought my R/C car from them eight years ago; heck, I sold it around five years ago. This is the only email they've ever sent me. :blink:

I got an email from HPI Racing this morning, advertising a special sale they're having. The thing is, I bought my R/C car from them eight years ago; heck, I sold it around five years ago. This is the only email they've ever sent me. :blink:

Well. Is it a good sale?

Just realized I have gotten 5 + reps and 1 pm about my signature... is it really that special? and is it really borderline NSFW?

I'm thinking about adding a "number disconnected" tone to the beginning of the answering machine response so that telemarketer auto-dialers will think it's disconnected.

Any downside to this? I can't think of any legitimate callers that use an auto-dialer.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about adding a "number disconnected" tone to the beginning of my answering machine messages so that telemarketer auto-dialers will think it's disconnected.

Any downside to this? I can't think of any legitimate callers that use an auto-dialer.

your mom will be confused and hang up... although that might not be a bad thing.

:lol:

I dunno, it's a brief tone and it's just going to be a regular answering machine message after that.

My dad used to pretend to have a conversation for his answering message.... sooooooooooo many people fell for it.

"Hello"
"Hi"
"Good"
"Uh huh"
"yeah"
"really"

And so on.

Christ on a bike with stabilisers, I am knackered!!!!!!

Retail therapy my fanny :mad:

Epp, are you on the national do not call list? I've been on it since it opened up. I used to get called by arsewipe telemarketters all the time, after the 30 days after getting put on the DNCL they stopped. Though last week I filed a complaint against some company for calling me, which is awesome, you can get people fined for calling you.

edit: I haven't been called by "*horrrn* this is the captain!" or any of that garbage since getting on the list ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah, I had dinner in Soho last night... 12 quid including drink ain't that bad actually.

That?s good, there are lots of places to try out, its an interesting area.
Couple of ideas to check out.

If you like Chinese you could try ?the rudest restaurant in London? which has or did become a bit of a tourist attraction
Wong Kei?s Restaurant Wardour Street, Soho,

Have been there a few times a while back, and it was a bit of reputation exceeds reality, was quite cheap though. :lol:

(Note, Wardour Street is the area in London famed for the UK film industry.)

More cheap eats in Soho at the Porchetta Pollo which I think is a new version of the original ?Pollo? which I used to go to that closed down.

Good pub to try nearby Chinatown, ?The Dutch Pub? ? de Hems

Have fun in "the smoke". :)

I'm taking my GRE exam today.... sooooooooooo anxious and nervous.

i just had the manliest lunch of all time. a steak, well cooked, no utensils required apart from my bare hands and a handful of tortillas.

i wonder if my drink (iced tea) has made it less manly

Last edited:
Back in Britain. The flight was nice, but now I'm back in a tiny flat and somewhat depressed.

Going for a ride on the Yami to cheer myself up.