Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Hm, i am trying to find in what cars Toyota used the 4A-GE engine in, and all i know it's in the AE86. Anyone here knows if it was in some other car?

*sigh*, now you've made me miss my old 4AGE powered Mk1 MR2... God I miss it.

Hm, i am trying to find in what cars Toyota used the 4A-GE engine in, and all i know it's in the AE86. Anyone here knows if it was in some other car?

Geo Prizm had one.

Though with those engines you really want the 20 valve versions (160+hp).

so it's a Bugatti continental GT-R

*pukes

Wow. 250k Euros for that? Over here we just grab some a home fiber glass kit, a bucket of bondo, and a Pontiac Fiero. Cost: around $5.

I've just had an uncontrollable urge to paint my new headers white.. What do you think?

I've just had an uncontrollable urge to paint my new headers white.. What do you think?

FORD. RACING. BLUE.
I told you this last time! XD

FORD. RACING. BLUE.
I told you this last time! XD

It's quite hard to find high temperature paint in blue, besides blue headers would look silly :p I also have a new sandblasted valve cover, which will need a splash of paint aswell. The new cylinder head is painted red though, so the blue wouldn't fit at all..:)

Geo Prizm had one.

Though with those engines you really want the 20 valve versions (160+hp).

I am going to use it in a old Toyota Corolla K20, so the standard 16v will do fine. ;)

On my drive up to work this morning, I found myself careening down the freeway at ~95mph alongside a black (with black interior) X308 XJR driven by a hottie. There's something intensely sexual about that car and how it looks on the road- and I came to a somewhat alarming realization... The thing is smaller on the outside than my Ford Focus.

No, it's quite a bit larger than your Focus. It's just lower.

Yes, I actually just looked up the numbers. I suppose I was in my mentally adding the 6 or 7 inches of "impermeable bubble" (plus about 10 inches of "I've had this car for several years and I still have no idea where in the hell my trunk ends") beyond the actual corners of my car.

Last edited:
Interior room isn't much different, though... but then, that's part of the charm of the car. :D

Indeed. It's SO on the shortlist for my next DD (even with the higher parts cost, the lower insurance cost due to not having to finance the tar out of it will result in an overall cheaper car).

i'm getting 20 MPG from my mitsu, is it any good?